OT Fba Nomination - Grammar Nazi

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Man I really need to learn German... but yay for Google translate for helping me understand what is going on here. Most of the words were nowhere close to what I thought they would mean lol.

Now i´m thinking about how much i would maybe understand if i never learned english (and we didn´t have so many english words that we use in germany).
Things like word, kindergarden, pretzel, music are simple. Maybe a little like reading spanish. I know a little over 10 words, that´s it.

Now i´m thinking about how much i would maybe understand if i never learned english (and we didn´t have so many english words that we use in germany).
Things like word, kindergarden, pretzel, music are simple. Maybe a little like reading spanish. I know a little over 10 words, that´s it.
I took 5 years of Spanish and I probably know 10 words, so that was clearly a success.

I took 5 years of Spanish and I probably know 10 words, so that was clearly a success.

I took five years of German and I still needed Google translate to understand some of these posts :oops:. I had a relatively decent level when I graduated high school, but I didn't get any practice ever since, so naturally, I forgot it all.

I took five years of German and I still needed Google translate to understand some of these posts :oops:. I had a relatively decent level when I graduated high school, but I didn't get any practice ever since, so naturally, I forgot it all.

My Oma spoke German to me, all day, every day, as a little kid and I spoke way better German than English until we moved back to the U.S.
Don't feel bad. At this point, I know the phrases my mom yelled at me "Kein spielplatz!" (This is not a playground!) and that's about it.

My Oma spoke German to me, all day, every day, as a little kid and I spoke way better German than English until we moved back to the U.S.
Don't feel bad. At this point, I know the phrases my mom yelled at me "Kein spielplatz!" (This is not a playground!) and that's about it.

Lol - that´s great.
German parents love to do this:
Chantalleeee, komm da runter, sonst fällst du und BRICHST DIR DEN ARM!
(Chantale, come down or you will fall and break an arm!)

And, as we all know, this leads to self-fulfilling prophecy.

Ugh I miss German! Wish I had taken some college courses on it. I took it in high school and tested out of all foreign language for college. Now I've forgotten most of it.

See, I would have thought that meant 'Clean the plates.'

Clearly, I fail. But DuoLingo for those of you who are interested in learning/re-learning a language. The Italian course is full of such gems as "Io ho un serpente negli i miei stivali' (I have a snake in my boots) and 'Loro sono tra noi' (They are among us- WHO IS AMONG US?!?! :confused:)

Ugh I miss German! Wish I had taken some college courses on it. I took it in high school and tested out of all foreign language for college. Now I've forgotten most of it.

I was screwed when I took school German. It was formal and nobody ever spoke formal German to me. I was a little kid! Thought it would be an easy A...um, nein.

Clearly, I fail. But DuoLingo for those of you who are interested in learning/re-learning a language. The Italian course is full of such gems as "Io ho un serpente negli i miei stivali' (I have a snake in my boots) and 'Loro sono tra noi' (They are among us- WHO IS AMONG US?!?! :confused:)

I love that app! But indeed some sentences are weird. Maybe it's just me but I'm don't think I'll be saying "The boy has the chicken" in any language any time soon :D.

I have that app, I just wish I had more time to use it.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I took French in School but barely remember anything. bad me.. and i live so close to France.. Woops.

But speaking of languages. My language is one of the hardest to learn (after danish) so i can teach you a few sentences. We do have tre more letters. ÅÄÖ and uses them frequently. One Word you may know is Fika. it doesnt have a translation. we just take alot of Fikas. a coffebreak is a Fikapaus.

the easiest to learn is like Hej is Hi God morgon is Good Morning kinda similar. there are alot more. just tellme if you wanna know more.

Back