Fca Closing?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Point of info:

Opening up in an area and advertising an opening is not recruiting.

As a public employee, I am under contract. Even if I see an opening and actually wanted to leave, I can't.

In the private sector, you are only required to give 2 weeks.

Ex: I'm at St. Shimmy Private School. I see an opening at Our Lady of Cheer Athletics down the road that just opened, and I apply, THEY did not "steal me" or "recruit me." I moved on to a new job.

RECRUITING is ACTIVELY coming over to St. Shimmy and contacting St. Shimmy employees to get them to come apply.
I just had a vision of an odd-looking man sauntering up to people through a door and shimmying at them while making weird eye contact.

I chuckled.

^^^You're welcome. My point is that recruiting is intentional, targeted contact.

It's not FB ads. We could argue that it's not emails, if it's just pricing spam sent to random parents. It's not people hearing you're opening and rushing to apply. It's people purposefully contacting others in an attempt to secure talent for their business.

I hope they are not closing. It is the best place we have ever been

As of right now that's just rumor (the closure.)

Not sure why you disliked my post.

Recruiting and advertising are 2 different things.

I don't have a dog in the fight.

We just have this conversation every time a new gym comes into town:

1. Staff from Gym A leaves for new gym.
2. Gym A accuses new gym of "stealing their kids and staff."
3. Complete mass hysteria ensues as rumors spread that gym A is closing.

Folks don't realize that: That. Never. Happens. No one is closing.

Both gyms are usually totally FINE.

Seriously. No one closes. Gym A continues to function. New gym may have some kids and staff initially come over from Gym A and a few more come over when new season starts, but that is it.

No one closes. Everyone is fine. Really.

Over the next few years, everything evens out as people realize that new gym may not be for them and go back to A, and others choose to stay at new gym.

But really. It's fine.

Examples of it being fine: CEA Chicago & ICE. CA Charlotte and CEA and small gyms in surrounding areas. Everyone swore new gym was going to cause huge issues, kids were making mass exodus, etc. Yes kids and staff left, but it all evened out and all programs are still standing.

As of right now that's just rumor (the closure.)

Not sure why you disliked my post.

Recruiting and advertising are 2 different things.

I don't have a dog in the fight.

We just have this conversation every time a new gym comes into town:

1. Staff from Gym A leaves for new gym.
2. Gym A accuses new gym of "stealing their kids and staff."
3. Complete mass hysteria ensues as rumors spread that gym A is closing.

Folks don't realize that: That. Never. Happens. No one is closing.

Both gyms are usually totally FINE.

Seriously. No one closes. Gym A continues to function. New gym may have some kids and staff initially come over from Gym A and a few more come over when new season starts, but that is it.

No one closes. Everyone is fine. Really.

Over the next few years, everything evens out as people realize that new gym may not be for them and go back to A, and others choose to stay at new gym.

But really. It's fine.

Examples of it being fine: CEA Chicago & ICE. CA Charlotte and CEA and small gyms in surrounding areas. Everyone swore new gym was going to cause huge issues, kids were making mass exodus, etc. Yes kids and staff left, but it all evened out and all programs are still standing.
I don't think this is like other time a gym has opened. The staff that plotted and planned for months had been promoting CA the entire year. Preying on the emotions of kids who wanted nothing more than to please them. Those coaches should be ashamed. It's not much different than when a grocery store puts all for fun sugary cereal on the lower shelves so the kids beg for it. So sad.

Back