OT Fitbit

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I really feel like my Fitbit flex doesnt accurately reflect my steps. Say, im im walking with my arms crossed on im holding something. Basically if im not swinging my arm. does anyone else find this?

I have a One and it didn't pick up all my steps when I hooked it on my bra strap. I stick it on my pants or underwear and it works much better.

It also picks up better when it is fully charged.

I'm a huge fan of my fitbit. I have the Alta and it seems to be relatively accurate. I think it's more accurate the more you use it. It does a good job of estimating my calories burned per run/exercise session too. I use it more for the sense of accomplishment though. Considering I average 25,000 steps per day, I don't need to reminder to move.

I'm a huge fan of my fitbit. I have the Alta and it seems to be relatively accurate. I think it's more accurate the more you use it. It does a good job of estimating my calories burned per run/exercise session too. I use it more for the sense of accomplishment though. Considering I average 25,000 steps per day, I don't need to reminder to move.
What the heck do you do all day to get that many steps in?!

I'm just super busy and I'm a big gym rat.

So yesterday I had over 33,000 steps courtesy of 4 hours at the gym and an 8 hour work shift on my feet. I also live in Chicago, so I walk a lot!

My mom gets around that much each day. Her entire shift at work is walking so its super easy if you're constantly moving. When I worked at a restaurant i could get around 10k steps in a four hour shift.

My mom gets around that much each day. Her entire shift at work is walking so its super easy if you're constantly moving. When I worked at a restaurant i could get around 10k steps in a four hour shift.
This is where I wish I had a job where I move around. I unfortunately work sitting at a desk 90% of the time. Even though I go to the gym after work, I never reach even close to that many :(

This is where I wish I had a job where I move around. I unfortunately work sitting at a desk 90% of the time. Even though I go to the gym after work, I never reach even close to that many :(
That was me during my internship. I'd get maybe 4k a day if that.

You have to make the conscious effort to move then. So, on days when I know I'll be less active, I make it a point to schedule activities into my day. Walk the dog in the morning, take the stairs, walk somewhere for lunch, meet up with a friend at the park, hit the gym before dinner, take a cool down walk after eating etc. It's simple things that'll add up.

Since I basically have to walk everywhere, it's easy, but if you're used to driving everywhere it's more of a challenge. Try walking everywhere that is less than 1 mile away for a week.

You have to make the conscious effort to move then. So, on days when I know I'll be less active, I make it a point to schedule activities into my day. Walk the dog in the morning, take the stairs, walk somewhere for lunch, meet up with a friend at the park, hit the gym before dinner, take a cool down walk after eating etc. It's simple things that'll add up.

Since I basically have to walk everywhere, it's easy, but if you're used to driving everywhere it's more of a challenge. Try walking everywhere that is less than 1 mile away for a week.
I know it varies depending on where you live, but if I tried to walk places that were a mile away, I'd literally just end up at the entrance of my neighborhood. I live in the middle of nowhere pretty much so that could also be it :)

I just started wearing my Fitbit charge again after falling out of habit of putting it on. I also just moved to a new place with two floors to go to a school where the H and S in the schools initials are jokingly (but also very seriously) referred to as Hills and Stairs.
Except I somehow got this weird air bubble in the strap and I can't get it out..... Anyone know how to fix that?

I do try to make a conscious effort, but unfortunately my 'less active days' are more common than not. Being required to sit at my desk for 8 hours is hard, but whenever I do need to go downstairs or anything, I always take the long way and the stairs. And I go to the gym 4/5 work days most weeks! Anytime I reach 10,000 I celebrate a little haha

Back