All-Star Floating Scores??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

2cheer1here

Cheer Parent
Aug 2, 2011
Have you heard of this at competitions??? Where your highest day is 75 and lowest is 25??? Or is it still 25 first day 75 second????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you heard of this at competitions??? Where your highest day is 75 and lowest is 25??? Or is it still 25 first day 75 second????

There was a competition, I wanna say Battle at the Capitol, where they took your highest score from whichever day to determine your place. I don't think they do it anymore though. But, most comps aren't like that.

Me too certainly very interesting scoring.

It kind of makes sense. If they aren't going to use 50/50, then your best performance should be worth more.

I like this! It doesn't make sense to me for day 1 to be 25% and day 2 to be 75%, because what makes day 2 more important? It would be different IMO if day 2 was "finals" and not every team made it through. With 50/50, it's pretty hard to move unless there are big mistakes, but at least it puts even weight on both days. Making your higher score 75% would make rankings more likely to change but it seems like a more fair way, since every team can have a bad day even if their bad day is Sunday.

I've been thinking about this and think I like it. If a comp isn't going to be 50/50 (which is my preference) I think floating scores take out the luck factor.

Just curious what you mean by "luck factor"? I've never thought of hitting two days in a row as lucky - it's that I gave and trained them to do a routine that they are capable of hitting both days. No snark! Just curious if I misunderstand the context.

Just curious what you mean by "luck factor"? I've never thought of hitting two days in a row as lucky - it's that I gave and trained them to do a routine that they are capable of hitting both days. No snark! Just curious if I misunderstand the context.
I think the luck factor was referring to having your bad day on the 25% day and hitting on the day that was 75%. It's not that they aren't capable of hitting, but they "lucked out" that their bad day didn't count as much.

I think the luck factor was referring to having your bad day on the 25% day and hitting on the day that was 75%. It's not that they aren't capable of hitting, but they "lucked out" that their bad day didn't count as much.

ahh, that makes sense. Thanks!

Back