All-Star Flyer Vs Flier

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm a flyer, unless I'm wearing a whole lot of advertising for an upcoming event or sale, then I suppose I'd be a flier.

I wrote a paper in college on The History of Cheerleading!
I spelt it "Flyer"... and yes I got red marks all over my paper. I took it back to her and showed her the Flier vs flyer: She said look at what it says:
This is what it said- "In all their meanings, the nouns flier and flyer are exactly the same. The difference is that American English prefers flier, while flyer is the preferred spelling in British, Australian, Indian, and Canadian English.
She then mentioned to me my paper is still wrong but let me change the word to "Flier" b/c I came with a valid point. If I didn't get to change all the words that I spelt wrong I would have gotten a B- but ended up with an A!
So for those writing this in School in America, write it FLIER or you will not get the grade you want!
;)

I wrote a paper in college on The History of Cheerleading!
I spelt it "Flyer"... and yes I got red marks all over my paper. I took it back to her and showed her the Flier vs flyer: She said look at what it says:
This is what it said- "In all their meanings, the nouns flier and flyer are exactly the same. The difference is that American English prefers flier, while flyer is the preferred spelling in British, Australian, Indian, and Canadian English.
She then mentioned to me my paper is still wrong but let me change the word to "Flier" b/c I came with a valid point. If I didn't get to change all the words that I spelt wrong I would have gotten a B- but ended up with an A!
So for those writing this in School in America, write it FLIER or you will not get the grade you want!
;)
I think this can turn into a great lesson. Spell things the correct way and don't just say "whatever". I can't stand some kids today, including my sister. She is 11 and going into 6th grade. Sometimes the spelling she leaves on my fb or texts is just not ok. (Even though she can actually spell it correctly)

I think this can turn into a great lesson. Spell things the correct way and don't just say "whatever". I can't stand some kids today, including my sister. She is 11 and going into 6th grade. Sometimes the spelling she leaves on my fb or texts is just not ok. (Even though she can actually spell it correctly)

That's called alliteracy. When people have the ability and/or know how to read/write correctly but they simply choose not to. (Yay for being a librarian)

Anyway. To me a person that goes in the air= flyer

A piece of paper that is passed out and eventually litters the ground, Microsoft Office and I both spell that as "flyer" as well.

The difference is that American English prefers flier, while flyer is the preferred spelling in British, Australian, Indian, and Canadian English.

Aaahh.. didn't know this! I wondered why 'flier' looked so alien to me, even for the papers that are handed out - I'm normally the spelling/grammar police!

Back