From A Newbies Pov

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@aggie1983 @SharkDad if we're all supposed to "not take things personally" I recommend you do the same. @NJ Coach seemed to be able to... I'm hardly "frustrated" by a online message board... I'm just being as snappy/sarcastic as the next. This message board does not change my life, I promise. Although waking up to some shimmies and responses from the vets did boost my newbie ego;)

Not taking it personally. Thanks for the recommendation.

@SharkDad I've definitely stated before how I respect FierceBoard because "few other sports have such a central location where anyone- fans, athletes, parents, alumni can come discuss..." Use the research bar before you post such nonsense, sheesh!

K.

Sigh - I can't take it personally because I'm virtually a newb too, been on here 6 weeks. But your comment was unnecessarily rude, and I really don't get the point - it added nothing of substance. But if that is how you choose to interact with people....

Sigh - I can't take it personally because I'm virtually a newb too, been on here 6 weeks. But your comment was unnecessarily rude, and I really don't get the point - it added nothing of substance. But if that is how you choose to interact with people....

My whole point in this post was that people seem to oddly get a kick out of criticizing all newbs. With that said, I made my point that I hope to be more than that as an adult..Relevant because a lot of the people on here are adults with much time committed to the board, so yes, there was a point. Sorry if you don't get it.

Tateanna'sMom said:
Not all newbies to the Fierce Board are necessarily "newbies" to the sport at all......just sayin'

I think some are new to the "culture" of cheer and don't understand the importance of being educated--not only in the sport of cheer-- but it's business and social interactions as well.

I think some are new to the "culture" of cheer and don't understand the importance of being educated--not only in the sport of cheer-- but it's business and social interactions as well.

I think being on "newbie" status is a great thing. Like ^^^^ said, it's not just about understanding cheerleading, but people need to understand how to interact with folks without the nonsense and learn to take sarcasm and comedy for what it's worth. Being a newbie allows you to READ for the most part and sort of get a feel for the different personalilities here on the boards, especially the vets, that we have come to love so much. Fierceboard is a great social and informative avenue for so many people in our industry but just like other social networking sites, there are the bad apples that try to spoil the entire bunch. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion here and as long as your aren't purely disrespectful or drama crazed, the admins leave you be.

If you're going to post on the board, get some thick skin and always remember perception is everything. And it's all in fun. I have yet to meet a flat out rude person on the boards. And when all else fails, just do what @NJ Coach does and post for the shimmies.....you can't go wrong with a shimmy.......or a FIN FLIP ;) (unless it takes you 3 minutes to finish) lol.

TheRealAlishaD said:
And when all else fails, just do what @NJ Coach does and post for the shimmies.....you can't go wrong with a shimmy.......or a FIN FLIP ;) (unless it takes you 3 minutes to finish) lol.

I heard Fin Flip is the new shimmy

Back