All-Star Getting Called To The Judges Stand...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@spirit sports you can pick up your deduction sheet about 5 min after your performance and then you have til the end of the division to fight your deductions or any issues.

@spirit sports you can pick up your deduction sheet about 5 min after your performance and then you have til the end of the division to fight your deductions or any issues.

WSF was the same way last weekend at one of their locals.

I like the idea of taking advantage of the technology at hand to communicate and having the PA, loud announcement if they really can't get in touch with someone from the gym. But would that create a competition delay?

Judges call coaches to the stand because if we didn't, a mob would run after us with pitchforks after awards. Letting coaches know in advance prepares teams for what is to come in awards or can give the coach an opportunity to have the rule explained to them by an official. Emails, text and phone calls are ALL unreliable sources of telling a coach this. The coach could always pull the "I didn't get that message" card and try to hold the competition liable for them not knowing about legality's prior to the second days performance. MOST of the time the coaches are notified personally RIGHT after the routine. The best way to contact coaches is the way its done now.

Judges call coaches to the stand because if we didn't, a mob would run after us with pitchforks after awards. Letting coaches know in advance prepares teams for what is to come in awards or can give the coach an opportunity to have the rule explained to them by an official. Emails, text and phone calls are ALL unreliable sources of telling a coach this. The coach could always pull the "I didn't get that message" card and try to hold the competition liable for them not knowing about legality's prior to the second days performance. MOST of the time the coaches are notified personally RIGHT after the routine. The best way to contact coaches is the way its done now.
i'm not saying don't call us, just do it in a different way. there HAS to be a better way. i do know wsf gives you your deduction sheet 5 minutes after you compete & athletic is doing it this weekend also at their Providence nationals. they give you your deductions and any legalities, then you can ask to discuss it with one of the judges at that point.

Is there a better way they can do this, rather than call you up and the entire arena knows somethings up, especially the team thats being called. Now i understand the best solution is to make sure you are doing everything legal, but sometimes things happen..... a grey area, misinterpreting a rule, etc.
But there's gotta be a better way to handle that.....maybe have the gym owners number & text them....i don't know for sure but there has to be something.

I've made it a game with my parents. We have over under of how many times I get called up to the judges stand. Haha. I'm open with them so it's funny to us. As a coach you know when you're pushing the rules. I also am proactive with comp companies. I'll send them video and tell them why the stunt is legal instead of ask them. It makes it easier when you get "called to the principle's office" as my team parents call it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does an event as big as CHEERSPORT call coaches over loudspeaker to Tell coaches? I thought they did text all info. That would be really hard to do with all those arenas.

Cheer_Explosion_Coach said:
Does an event as big as CHEERSPORT call coaches over loudspeaker to Tell coaches? I thought they did text all info. That would be really hard to do with all those arenas.

They will either call or text (if you don't answer), and talk to you or ask you to come see them, I believe. All very private and professional.

Back