All-Star Getting To The Venue From The Airport Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 7, 2010
My daughter arrives the day before me. I land in Dallas Ft. Worth at 10:30 and she competes at 11:30 in Hall A. I'm renting a car. Is there any hope of making her performance? Any tips on how to get there?

Only if you haul a**..lol.. In all seriousness, you can just make it if your flight arrives on time and there no traffic delay... Good Luck!!!

My daughter arrives the day before me. I land in Dallas Ft. Worth at 10:30 and she competes at 11:30 in Hall A. I'm renting a car. Is there any hope of making her performance? Any tips on how to get there?

Do you know how tricky it is to get from the terminal to the rental car place? I'd even pay for a taxi and back for a car, but what would I do with my luggage at the venue? They wouldn't let me bring in a small suitcase! Thank you so much for your response. I could kick myself for not getting a flight the night before.

You can make it to the convention center from DFW airport in less than an hour. Are you carrying on your bag?

No, but I am renting a car. I could take a taxi, but I'd have to drag my bag into the venue - not sure that's allowed.
I hear a taxi is 55 to the convention center. Then I'd take a taxi back again to get a rental car. If I was sure the venue would allow me to go in with a suitcase (carry- on size) and my laptop, I'd do it. I tried calling the convention center, but I couldn't get a person...
Or I will see her perform Sunday.... So dumb of me not to fly Friday night. Change fee + flight cost by now would be outrageous.

If you are landing at 10:30 and she competes at 11:30, you will most likely miss her.

I don't see why they wouldn't let you bring in a suitcase, alot of us team moms drag around a suitcase...I mean bag for all cheer necessities.
smile.png
Good luck, I hope you make it in time and hey you never know, NCA might be running a few minutes behind. It is known to happen.

I really dont see you making it. )-: Between the time it will take to pick up your luggage and rental car. (shuttle to the rental car lot, etc) drive time in an unknown city, time to park at the convention center (which at that time of day will be a nightmare and will probably involve parking and walking) waiting in line to buy your ticket... I live here and couldnt make all that in an hour!!! Maybe, if you carry on and grab the taxi you might have a chance. But thats a big maybe and expensive cab ride if you dont. From Love field you might have had a shot, but from DFW... I just dont think so. Have a friend update you though, in case they are running behind or something.

I also do not see you making it to see her. As my fellow CAmom said, just getting to the convention center and then trying to find parking and then the long treck to the actual building, buying your ticket and getting to the arena or hall she is performing in..... not even counting the time spent at the airport to claim luggage, catch the shuttle for the rental car, filling out the paperwork for the rental car..... it's just not going to happen. :(
What you might be able to do is go ahead now and call the airline you are on and ask them how full the planes are on Friday afternoon or night and early early on Saturday morning and what your odds would be of getting on standby. If you can get on an earlier flight standby then you could make it but it would have to be a much earlier flight.
I do hope you get to make it in time to see her perform. GOOD LUCK!

there will be so much traffic this weekend from people walking and literally it will take you a while to park at the dallas convention center...plus you have to walk up THAT huge staircase before you even get to the doors to get in the convention center. But ill pray for you, and hope you make it! Best of luckk

For those of you coming that have not been........... you can forget being able to park in the parking garage connected to the Convention Center. It fills up fast and is not large enough to accomodate even half of the people attending. Last year I had to park down in one of the old lots for Reunion Arena and walk all the way up. That is just one reason why I'd say it would REALLY be pushing it to get there in time.

Well a friend is picking me up - so maybe... (I have only carry-on - and his daughter performs at 8 pm, so he will probably drop me and let me run in - and he's getting my ticket . Isn't that nice?) But I'm not going to count on it. I'll see her Sunday. I am on the earliest flight so I can't go earlier. I could go tonight -but it would cost an arm and a leg to change it. Lesson learned for next year. Thanks everyone for caring enough to answer!

Well a friend is picking me up - so maybe... (I have only carry-on - and his daughter performs at 8 pm, so he will probably drop me and let me run in - and he's getting my ticket . Isn't that nice?) But I'm not going to count on it. I'll see her Sunday. I am on the earliest flight so I can't go earlier. I could go tonight -but it would cost an arm and a leg to change it. Lesson learned for next year. Thanks everyone for caring enough to answer!

Good luck to you and your daughter!

Back