All-Star Girls On Co-ed Vs Ag

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cheer Dad

Cheer Parent
Dec 15, 2009
A different thread made me think of this and am curious for opinions. Do girls on a coed team have to work harder and be more skilled than those on an all-girl team to be competitive? Does it is make a difference if the coed team is not maxed on boys (only 1 or 2) vs a team that is maxed out? Personally, having seen some absolutely amazing jumps, tumbling and stunts on both coed and ag teams I can't see where girls on either coed or ag teams would need different skill ability or work harder than the other.

A different thread made me think of this and am curious for opinions. Do girls on a coed team have to work harder and be more skilled than those on an all-girl team to be competitive? Does it is make a difference if the coed team is not maxed on boys (only 1 or 2) vs a team that is maxed out? Personally, having seen some absolutely amazing jumps, tumbling and stunts on both coed and ag teams I can't see where girls on either coed or ag teams would need different skill ability or work harder than the other.

In my experience with college and level 6, and I don't think it's quite like this anymore, girls on a coed team tend to either be stunters or tumblers. Say on a team of 24 where you have 12 guys, you can really only have 6 "elite stunts" because you need 2 guys to catch the double. So you have your 6 awesome flyers and the other 6 girls act more as tumblers though they may do more basic coed stunts as well and will help with throwing baskets and in pyramids. You could actually do more than 6 elite stunts if you use those extra girls to help catch the double, so you could get up to 8 stunts in the air on a team of 24.

Being able to max out on guys is definitely a benefit - you can get more stunts in the air. For everything that a guy can do on his own, you usually need 2 to 3 girls to do the same. I don't think girls have to be more skilled, coed and all-girl just have different dynamics.

Back