All-Star Glcc Has Lots Of Bids But Few Teams Going After Them In Detroit This Year.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Can people not getting bids in Chicago this weekend sign up and go next weekend? If so I'm thinking more teams will sign up. It seems to me that since this is so close to the end of season that whoever doesn't have a bid gets one at this comp.

Can people not getting bids in Chicago this weekend sign up and go next weekend? If so I'm thinking more teams will sign up. It seems to me that since this is so close to the end of season that whoever doesn't have a bid gets one at this comp.

not possible for "whoever doesn't have a bid to get one at this comp." only 8 total bids, and at least 15 teams eligible for these 8 bids. Teams still need to work hard, work the score sheet, and hit their routines. Bids are not just given away. Even at this time of year bids are earned.

not possible for "whoever doesn't have a bid to get one at this comp." only 8 total bids, and at least 15 teams eligible for these 8 bids. Teams still need to work hard, work the score sheet, and hit their routines. Bids are not just given away. Even at this time of year bids are earned.
agree to disagree?? Over 50% of teams will get a bid its pretty much a hand out. But unfortunately, a lot of the competitions are like this now :(

A couple weeks ago GLCC said that their comp was set up to handle 170 teams and they were at 156 teams, close to capacity, and they said that they may only be able to go a few teams over that 170 mark, so I would think that those few weeks would have made a difference in the numbers. Plus there are coaches/owners saying now that their teams aren't on the tentative schedule so those teams will be added to the final schedule, so I don't think it's going to be as 'easy' as it looks to waltz right in there and just take a bid; I believe there will be some fierce competition taking place in Detroit next weekend.

agree to disagree?? Over 50% of teams will get a bid its pretty much a hand out. But unfortunately, a lot of the competitions are like this now :(

True, but not everyone will get one. Some teams will go home disappointed. It will still be a battle for the 8 bids.

There are a few bid competitions that do not have a lot of level 5 teams attending (Extreme Spirit for one, and a few more), it just may be that more attention is being given to this competitions because it is so late in the season.

By the way, my girls both already have paid bids from way back when, in December. I just want to give a credit to the teams that are attending and earn these bids.

A couple weeks ago GLCC said that their comp was set up to handle 170 teams and they were at 156 teams, close to capacity, and they said that they may only be able to go a few teams over that 170 mark, so I would think that those few weeks would have made a difference in the numbers. Plus there are coaches/owners saying now that their teams aren't on the tentative schedule so those teams will be added to the final schedule, so I don't think it's going to be as 'easy' as it looks to waltz right in there and just take a bid; I believe there will be some fierce competition taking place in Detroit next weekend.

True, but not everyone will get one. Some teams will go home disappointed. It will still be a battle for the 8 bids.

There are a few bid competitions that do not have a lot of level 5 teams attending (Extreme Spirit for one, and a few more), it just may be that more attention is being given to this competitions because it is so late in the season.

By the way, my girls both already have paid bids from way back when, in December. I just want to give a credit to the teams that are attending and earn these bids.
I agree you def have to earn a bid. My comment was more toward most gyms already have a bid by now and maybe some more gyms will sign up to attend. The schedule doesn't seem as big as it was last year. Didn't mean to sound like that I guess when I read my comment again.

I agree you def have to earn a bid. My comment was more toward most gyms already have a bid by now and maybe some more gyms will sign up to attend. The schedule doesn't seem as big as it was last year. Didn't mean to sound like that I guess when I read my comment again.
I'm not sure if your comment is directed toward me but anyway it's true that there will be teams competing at GLCC who will already have at large bids, approx 1/3 of them, and the bids may be awarded to those teams that come in 5th or 6th places, which, I will agree isn't so bad, but when you dip into the 10th, 11th, and 12th place finishers getting a bid, that does seem like those bids are 'just being handed out'. But there are going to be legitimate teams competing at GLCC who will be battling it out for those 2 paid bids. So I will agree to disagree AND to agree because in a sense the bids awarded sometimes don't work out the way that EP's intend, but that shouldn't discredit the competition, nor some of those teams attending that competition. I hope that I made myself clear without insulting anyone, that being EP's, teams, parents or athletes; this is not my intention. I just wanted to explain what I stated above.

Back