All-Star Gym Owners Refusing To Sign Release... Appeal Process?..

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Right, but what about the kids that are not on a level 5 at the beginning of the season? Susie decides in January that she's leaving her Junior 4 at ABC cheer to be on XYZ cheer's Senior 5. She wouldn't have signed that form assuming it had only been sent out for kids on registered level 5's.

I believe that it is required for all gyms/athletes that participate in USASF sanctioned events to be registered members. Since everyone has to sign up, do you think that all the athletes that fall into that Worlds eligible age bracket should have to sign something acknowledging this rule?
Maybe they must only sign it if they are on a Worlds team, but it's emailed to everyone eligible? This is when that athlete tracking/credentialing thing would come in handy, as in that system you would only have to send it to those who were directly eligible and maybe in wiggle spots (ages 12+ and levels 4 and 5, just to cover potential subs).

I only worry that then people become unnecessarily confused.

Maybe they must only sign it if they are on a Worlds team, but it's emailed to everyone eligible? This is when that athlete tracking/credentialing thing would come in handy, as in that system you would only have to send it to those who were directly eligible and maybe in wiggle spots (ages 12+ and levels 4 and 5, just to cover potential subs).

I only worry that then people become unnecessarily confused.

I am sure it will only be a matter of time, 1/2 years before all will need to be released, with events like the summit now for the lower levels.

I agree 100% that about the credentialing.. This should be in place first before we can have any type of an appeals proccess.

So many different scenarios for this, in my opinion. Im going to be blunt about them.

*Does the athlete have a balance of $0.00 at Gym A?
*Did the athlete have bad behavior/attendance issues, etc. at Gym A?
*Did the athlete get recruited by Gym B to leave Gym A?
*Did the athlete (and the family) leave in a positive manner and avoid social media drama and 'gym bashing' while leaving?
*Did the athlete get removed from the team due to skill level?
*Was the athletes safety in jeopardy at Gym A?
*With most tryouts in May or earlier, what could you have possibly discovered AFTER November 1st (Approx. 6 Months at the Gym) that you couldn't wait until the end of the season (Approx. 6 Months at the Gym).

If an athlete has a balance of $0.00, There should not be an issue.

If I remove an athlete from my team due to behavioral issues, attendance, etc. I don't feel obligated to release an athlete to go to my competitor to compete. How is it fair to the 19 other kids on the team that you get to go to Worlds after you caused us so much grief, lack of being a team player, etc.? Call it 'Spite' if you want - Ill call it getting a dose of the real world and protecting my 19 other committed athletes that you let down. Actions have Consequences.

If I find out an athlete got recruited (and when I say find out, I mean cold, hard proof) kiss your release waiver GOODBYE. You might think the grass is greener on the other side, but thats probably only because they fertilize it with BULL$H!T!

If you are on Twitter, Facebook, Texting Other Parents, etc. causing a ruckus on your leave/dismissal, I don't feel obligated to do anything to help your kid out to Worlds with my competitor. If you feel the need to Bash My Program, My Athletes or any other nature.... again.... I don't need to do you any favors. Spite? Call it what you want.

If you get removed/replaced due to someone able to out skill you or your skills are lacking, I am sure you were forewarned, and if you weren't, your probably lacking common sense. Keep your Skills up. No spot should be 'given' - You're spot isn't safe until you hit the Worlds Floor.

If you feel your athlete's safety is in jeopardy, I feel this is one of the only reasons for USASF to step in and release your athlete. Was a coach inappropriate? Did you just get your tuck and you are now working fulls? Reasons for safety are ALWAYS in my opinion a reason for absolute release, however, proving that would cause a ruckus I am sure.

*Most people ignore signs of negativity or wrong doing, and i am just as guilty as the next. However, if you can't figure out shade in 6 months, you chose your own path.

MORAL OF THE STORY: I would find it REALLY COLD HEARTED of anyone who wouldn't release in this scenario, but #LesBeHonest, People have too much pride.

Just to set the tone: This meeting is one week before Jamfest Indy SuperNationals.

Athlete: Can My mom and I have a meeting with you after Practice today?
Coach: Yes
***Meeting***
Coach: Ms. Susie - Your daughter said you would like to have a chat
Mom: Yes, My Suzie and I have been very unhappy at the gym lately.
Coach: What makes you feel this way?
Mom: Well, The Coaches tend to sit and be on their phones during practice as opposed to instructing. Susie is having problems with one of the girls on the team. I do not like that my invoices are always wrong. We feel that Gym B down the street (that already has their bid) will offer a better environment as far as what we are looking for. We may take the season off, but I have to be honest, if a spot were to open up we would probably try it out there. I would like to have a release form signed by you.
Coach: I am sorry you feel that way. I agree that perhaps us sitting and being on our phones is perceived badly and i am sorry to hear about the bullying and errors with your account. Since we have Jamfest SuperNationals this weekend, and then a 4-week break before our next local event, I propose this. Please allow me two weeks to correct the problems you have proposed to me. Lets have another meeting two weeks from today to discuss. If you feel another gym is a better fit, I will absolutely give you a release form. Please know if it doesn't work out, our doors will always be open.
Mom: Thank you. We will absolutely not quit one week before a major competition. We would like to give you a chance to make it right. Thank you.
Coach: No, Thank you.

I really think if a parent came in to talk openly things could be avoided, however, every time I see a release situation.... Momma is hot.... and sometimes out of line and all over Social Media.

I agee above
So many different scenarios for this, in my opinion. Im going to be blunt about them.

*Does the athlete have a balance of $0.00 at Gym A?
*Did the athlete have bad behavior/attendance issues, etc. at Gym A?
*Did the athlete get recruited by Gym B to leave Gym A?
*Did the athlete (and the family) leave in a positive manner and avoid social media drama and 'gym bashing' while leaving?
*Did the athlete get removed from the team due to skill level?
*Was the athletes safety in jeopardy at Gym A?
*With most tryouts in May or earlier, what could you have possibly discovered AFTER November 1st (Approx. 6 Months at the Gym) that you couldn't wait until the end of the season (Approx. 6 Months at the Gym).

If an athlete has a balance of $0.00, There should not be an issue.

If I remove an athlete from my team due to behavioral issues, attendance, etc. I don't feel obligated to release an athlete to go to my competitor to compete. How is it fair to the 19 other kids on the team that you get to go to Worlds after you caused us so much grief, lack of being a team player, etc.? Call it 'Spite' if you want - Ill call it getting a dose of the real world and protecting my 19 other committed athletes that you let down. Actions have Consequences.

If I find out an athlete got recruited (and when I say find out, I mean cold, hard proof) kiss your release waiver GOODBYE. You might think the grass is greener on the other side, but thats probably only because they fertilize it with BULL$H!T!

If you are on Twitter, Facebook, Texting Other Parents, etc. causing a ruckus on your leave/dismissal, I don't feel obligated to do anything to help your kid out to Worlds with my competitor. If you feel the need to Bash My Program, My Athletes or any other nature.... again.... I don't need to do you any favors. Spite? Call it what you want.

If you get removed/replaced due to someone able to out skill you or your skills are lacking, I am sure you were forewarned, and if you weren't, your probably lacking common sense. Keep your Skills up. No spot should be 'given' - You're spot isn't safe until you hit the Worlds Floor.

If you feel your athlete's safety is in jeopardy, I feel this is one of the only reasons for USASF to step in and release your athlete. Was a coach inappropriate? Did you just get your tuck and you are now working fulls? Reasons for safety are ALWAYS in my opinion a reason for absolute release, however, proving that would cause a ruckus I am sure.

*Most people ignore signs of negativity or wrong doing, and i am just as guilty as the next. However, if you can't figure out shade in 6 months, you chose your own path.

MORAL OF THE STORY: I would find it REALLY COLD HEARTED of anyone who wouldn't release in this scenario, but #LesBeHonest, People have too much pride.

Just to set the tone: This meeting is one week before Jamfest Indy SuperNationals.

Athlete: Can My mom and I have a meeting with you after Practice today?
Coach: Yes
***Meeting***
Coach: Ms. Susie - Your daughter said you would like to have a chat
Mom: Yes, My Suzie and I have been very unhappy at the gym lately.
Coach: What makes you feel this way?
Mom: Well, The Coaches tend to sit and be on their phones during practice as opposed to instructing. Susie is having problems with one of the girls on the team. I do not like that my invoices are always wrong. We feel that Gym B down the street (that already has their bid) will offer a better environment as far as what we are looking for. We may take the season off, but I have to be honest, if a spot were to open up we would probably try it out there. I would like to have a release form signed by you.
Coach: I am sorry you feel that way. I agree that perhaps us sitting and being on our phones is perceived badly and i am sorry to hear about the bullying and errors with your account. Since we have Jamfest SuperNationals this weekend, and then a 4-week break before our next local event, I propose this. Please allow me two weeks to correct the problems you have proposed to me. Lets have another meeting two weeks from today to discuss. If you feel another gym is a better fit, I will absolutely give you a release form. Please know if it doesn't work out, our doors will always be open.
Mom: Thank you. We will absolutely not quit one week before a major competition. We would like to give you a chance to make it right. Thank you.
Coach: No, Thank you.

I really think if a parent came in to talk openly things could be avoided, however, every time I see a release situation.... Momma is hot.... and sometimes out of line and all over Social Media.

whoops messed up lol. I agree 100% with the above! I released someone this year and here was the situation. I asked a level 5 girl to feel in for an injury for our bid. She was not at 'any' gym for the past 2 years. She agreed and LOVED the team! That is until her former gym found out about it. And the owner called her right away and offered her a place on her fort wayne team or her chicago team. Mind you, she had not even thought about doing Allstar again until i asked her to be on my team. All of a sudden, her mom comes up to me with this angry face saying, "so and so" (other owner from former gym), said i need to get a release from you because you won't release her if she wants to do (former gym's team). She said that I was only using her so she couldn't be at any other gym. Out right lie made up by this other owner. So, I of course signed the release, because I was being accused of being an unethical owner. Funny how she wasnt even considered by this other gym or asked to come back ... yet now she was a hot comodity! As soon as she competed, (we got the bid), she was in Chicago that week practicing with their team. Don't know who they kicked off for her. But how aweful for that person. Great news is this, I got a WAY better back spot in her place, and we beat their team. :) Karma!

But I have known situations where Thank God this rule was in place! Because i've seen kids get recruited by other gyms and leave, thinking they will get a release. And it doesnt happen. And When kids and parents gym hop to be on a better team and that is the only reason? It's wrong and gym owners need to be protected by unethical gyms.

Back