Gym Profit

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm always interested in seeing how much people pay for things at other programs compared to what I'm paying. I think parents have to remember that this is a for profit sport. I know our owner has to make a profit to feed, house and clothe her family. I encourage people to maybe stop worrying so much IF gyms are making a profit and worry more about are you getting the value of what you're paying for? To me....that's where you should worry.

For example if Billy Barn Stormers Allstar is charging you $150 for a uniform, $700 for competition fees and $250 a month in tuition.....are you getting $250 worth of quality instruction?

If they are in there then they are mixed in with other fees and not comp fees. But there is a mom who goes each year and adds up all the early bird fees for comp fees and tells us what it is before the gym knows what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I promise I'm not picking on you, but, where would they be added into in your opinion? Unless your staff works for free which I know they don't. Lol. I'm honestly curious.

I promise I'm not picking on you, but, where would they be added into in your opinion? Unless your staff works for free which I know they don't. Lol. I'm honestly curious.
Um idk maybe choreography. We do have big name choreographers that they fly in and they spent more time with us then years in the past so I would say there BUT then again they wanted to change some things on most every team after all our choreographers left and they brought in Ray Jasper not that long ago and who ever works with him came too and they had him re do dances, re do pyramids, re do whole routines and they did not ask another parent for a single cent for that.

Also I assume our music is built into choreography because they do spend a lot on music trying to keep us up to date so then I wonder is it really that much.

All the kids who don't need a bra and that was built in to our fees was refunded. They still haven't asked us for money for the facility they rented for showoffs and I know that wasn't free and it wasn't what they planned on in the beginning.

I know it wasn't built into the uniform because I seen the actually drawing of it from varsity where it had the prices broke down on the side:I

Also we have a million practice wear outfits I don't think it was there.

So if those fees are built in they are only buffered by each kid a few dollars here or there to get a round number.

Maybe in our tuition month payment?

I'm not sure but we had a change of ownership this year and she has big dreams for the future... She is incredible. I know she wanted to do a lot for us but she didn't want people to be upset things were changing or going up. She is very kind hearted and I think they are paying some of these things out of pocket. Obviously not money coming out of her pocket but she is a people person and I've never seen so many people through those doors and classes at every single hour of every day and actually have so many people wanting to be there. Our classes are full I think she spends a lot of her extra money from all these classes on the cheer teams and coaches!

Eta:
Like our classes have quadrupled in size since the new owner, the old owner I loved her to but she was kind of scary if you hadn't talked to her, the new owner is so pleasant and welcoming. We have parking problems so we lease the animal shelter parking lot now, and the park across the street. Before we were never allowed to park there but she had to do something and we have closed practices so it's not even team members/parents taking the spots and the parking lots are over flowing. I'm impressed so she has to be getting money some where.

Last edited:
We pay comp fees and coaches fees to cover their travel and other expenses during comps. We pay in 3 parts.... Not sure how much coaches fees are but they're very upfront with it saying "comp and coaches fees are due _____" and making sure we know what it means.

Kris...that sounds exciting!! You have to spend $$ to make $$ and having quality choreography and music is always money well spent in my opinion.

Kris...that sounds exciting!! You have to spend $$ to make $$ and having quality choreography and music is always money well spent in my opinion.
And to make sure I said it correctly I went and added up the fees for the comps we are going to
55 Halloween
73 classic
50 U
105 last year tul
115 last year SA
135 ACA
165 NCA
Cheersport 159
130 cp
65 Ca

Which using early bird comes out to 1052 so it's like 27 over what she quoted but we decided not to do the 50$ comp as of recently so she said we will be reimbursed for it. Those were using the early bird fees and the $27 it's over might be because I couldn't find this year's pricing info only last year's on 2 comps.. Although I highly doubt an EP went down lol.

I can say our (competition fees) are not marked up, and everyone only pays the early bird fee. Everyone one of our fees are broken down beyond that then added up and shown how it's divided.

36fdc17a6ec07a1681a5d21ee9dc1dd2.jpg

The total for comp fees is listed and if you go to the websites as add up the early bird fees it is dead on.

Now I say comp fees aren't marked up but I would never know if the other fees are marked up ... But then again there are things I can identify we aren't being charged for like music so I'm sure it's combined in there show how! And our music isn't cheap I'm sure because they like to have it done by a big person .. Also coaches fees! That's a lot of coaches to book rooms for a fly to these competitions to be covering out of pocket
So these fees plus tuition? Do you mind sharing how much is your tuition and what does it include?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

So these fees plus tuition? Do you mind sharing how much is your tuition and what does it include?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
I think it's $150 a month now but I have no idea:(. Old people are grandfathered in with their old rate. I think some are paying much less like 110? Lol

Their tuition includes their practices X 2 a week. I know most practices have been lengthened from 2hr to 2.5 I know specifically my kids team has. We get a tumbling class but it's included in the other fees.

Eta: when I say old I mean people who have been here like 5, 6, 7 years lol

Last year I paid for 4 competitions, choreography, practice wear. We went to 1 competition, the choreographer came once and didn't do anything, and my coach gave me 1 pair of shorts that were left over from last year. I didn't get any of my money back. There was other stuff included in the fees but we got that. The competition we went to was the last one and my coach came in the practice before and said we all need to pay $50 more because some people didn't pay their fees and she had to use her personal credit card. There was no way I was paying anymore. Pretty sure I paid my whole groups tuition!

Last year I paid for 4 competitions, choreography, practice wear. We went to 1 competition, the choreographer came once and didn't do anything, and my coach gave me 1 pair of shorts that were left over from last year. I didn't get any of my money back. There was other stuff included in the fees but we got that. The competition we went to was the last one and my coach came in the practice before and said we all need to pay $50 more because some people didn't pay their fees and she had to use her personal credit card. There was no way I was paying anymore. Pretty sure I paid my whole groups tuition!
I'd be running far far away from that gym.

Back