All-Star Gymnastics Equipment

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
What is some of your favorite equipment to use and what do you use it for other than a panel mat and cheese wedge! Looking to get ideas for some possible new mats and would love feedback as I continue to look around

fullinitup said:
What is some of your favorite equipment to use and what do you use it for other than a panel mat and cheese wedge! Looking to get ideas for some possible new mats and would love feedback as I continue to look around

Oh Lordy I love mats. I use every one every day!
Cheese wedge, crash mats, octagons, resi-mats, boulders, and boxes are absolutely necessary. We have so much equipment and accessories though. It'd be very hard to eliminate anything....jump ropes, air mats, cones, colored Velcro strips, dots, bean bags, Velcro wrist bands, ankle biters, hand weights, free weights, belts, tumble trak, acro blocks.....
Ok I could really go on and on. That's just the stuff we use on a daily basis for cheer, I didn't even include our specialty items like bars and beams.

i need to order ankle weights
but just ordered a boulder i heard it was a MUST have! :D

also if anyone can help im looking to find a balancing disk or something for flyers balance *sorry for crashing your thread*

Seeker30 said:
i need to order ankle weights
but just ordered a boulder i heard it was a MUST have! :D

also if anyone can help im looking to find a balancing disk or something for flyers balance *sorry for crashing your thread*

I want to order the cheerleading stunt stand next! We use acro blocks and beam now but the stunt stand looks awesome. They have a Facebook if you want to check it out. If anyone on here has one let me know if you like it!

Oh Lordy I love mats. I use every one every day!
Cheese wedge, crash mats, octagons, resi-mats, boulders, and boxes are absolutely necessary. We have so much equipment and accessories though. It'd be very hard to eliminate anything....jump ropes, air mats, cones, colored Velcro strips, dots, bean bags, Velcro wrist bands, ankle biters, hand weights, free weights, belts, tumble trak, acro blocks.....
Ok I could really go on and on. That's just the stuff we use on a daily basis for cheer, I didn't even include our specialty items like bars and beams.

Does the boulder work well? I have PAC man wheels from way back that never get used for back handsprings and I've been weary of buying skill specific equipment since then

I want to order the cheerleading stunt stand next! We use acro blocks and beam now but the stunt stand looks awesome. They have a Facebook if you want to check it out. If anyone on here has one let me know if you like it!
i heard it cost an arm and a leg im going to check it out!

If you don't have one already, I would recommend a sting mat! Its a really soft, squishy mat that is about 1 inch thick. When you begin to learn skills like doubles and fulls on the floor, it works wonders!

Seeker30 said:
i heard it cost an arm and a leg im going to check it out!

Yea the lowest price is $399 but most good equipment is pricey. I think it'll be worth it. The boulders were! We bought two of those at GAT two years ago and we got our money's worth within a week lol.

Yea the lowest price is $399 but most good equipment is pricey. I think it'll be worth it. The boulders were! We bought two of those at GAT two years ago and we got our money's worth within a week lol.
SO true, i cant wait to get my Boulder i seen it at Cheerforce's gym and HAD to have it for my high school team. that pacman is good but the boulder is def. better.

CGAcheer said:
Does the boulder work well? I have PAC man wheels from way back that never get used for back handsprings and I've been weary of buying skill specific equipment since then

PAC mans are CRAP! The boulders are beautiful. They require the backhand spring technique to be correct or you aren't going over. We also use them for front handsprings and vaulting (with a base to keep it from tilting). We flip them on their side for flyers to stand on and we use them for conditioning (pushing mats around is a GREAT work out).
I totally recommend the boulders. You definitely need at least 2 though for the correct heights.

If you don't have one already, I would recommend a sting mat! Its a really soft, squishy mat that is about 1 inch thick. When you begin to learn skills like doubles and fulls on the floor, it works wonders!
yes!!! they are the best ever. they're good for standing tucks too :D help soften landings

We've got a few. They are good to have but not something I would deem necessary! Ours were made by a very handy dad. He looked at the real thing and made a couple and donated them! Its definitely a route to take if you have anyone that can do it!

PAC mans are CRAP! The boulders are beautiful. They require the backhand spring technique to be correct or you aren't going over. We also use them for front handsprings and vaulting (with a base to keep it from tilting). We flip them on their side for flyers to stand on and we use them for conditioning (pushing mats around is a GREAT work out).
I totally recommend the boulders. You definitely need at least 2 though for the correct heights.

Pac Mans are are total waste of money. If you don't have a long enough torso (so that your hips and shoulders contact the points) it's useless. I have had a beautiful back handspring since I was 5 years old, but due to my short torso-I couldn't do one with the Pac Man.

Please don't waste your money. Like another poster said, it can be duplicated for about $10. We have several different heights and sizes at our gym made by a dad for a fraction of the cost.

Please don't waste your money. Like another poster said, it can be duplicated for about $10. We have several different heights and sizes at our gym made by a dad for a fraction of the cost.
Same here. A rounded 2x4 about 6 inches long to stand on, on sbout a 2 inch aluminum pipe bolted to a 12x12x2. Done. You get several out of one standard length of lumber. Our coaches made them. Would even make you your own for like 30 bucks. Got one for my daughter when she still flew (mini age) and she painted it up and used it in front of the TV.

Back