All-Star Gyms That Have "disappeared"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
just noticing this this weekend at cheersport, but does anyone else ever wonder what happened to the somewhat predominant gyms from like 06 to 08 that have kind of just vanished? some i was thinking about is prospirt, power from california, basics superstars, etc. it also just may be because none of them are from my area, but does anyone know the story behind these gyms/ any other gyms like this?

ps kind of on another note but can someone explain the whole ice ordeal? i'm probably real behind on this, but i know that some indiana gym from circa 07 or 08 was switched to illinois cheer co. for some reason and now i guess they were turned into ice aswell?

just noticing this this weekend at cheersport, but does anyone else ever wonder what happened to the somewhat predominant gyms from like 06 to 08 that have kind of just vanished? some i was thinking about is prospirt, power from california, basics superstars, etc. it also just may be because none of them are from my area, but does anyone know the story behind these gyms/ any other gyms like this?

ps kind of on another note but can someone explain the whole ice ordeal? i'm probably real behind on this, but i know that some indiana gym from circa 07 or 08 was switched to illinois cheer co. for some reason and now i guess they were turned into ice aswell?

ICE athletics turned into ICC which is now another ICE gym.

quote]

I guess you would have to give specific names...

ProSpirit is still around and doing well as far as I've seen
Power from Cali, the same...doing well
Basics, they don't compete until really late because of the High School State rule, that the HS cheerleaders can't compete on an all-star team at the same time as all-stars. I believe this probably hurts their Level 5 teams alot.

actually pro spirit is an amazing club and their owners were owners of the year in 2010...jeff miller has an amazing club.... they haven't disappeared in the least:)))

actually pro spirit is an amazing club and their owners were owners of the year in 2010...jeff miller has an amazing club.... they haven't disappeared in the least:)))

Havent they have consistantly placed really well at worlds to for the last few years too? I defo wouldnt say they have disappeared either.

POWER is definitely still up and running! Their premier level 5 team is now intl all girl and theyre amazing! And with the huge success of their large senior 4 this season I'm sure we'll be seeing them in the senior 5 division soon!

I wondering about a gym that was HUGE when I was just staring All Star cheer in 1996...
They were called Spirit Allstars
They were based out of Stafford Texas, (Houston)
They were Navy, gold and white
They competed mostly at Cheer Power events but NCA too.
They were REALLY good for there time... They were always right up there with Texas Lone star, and University Cheer AF.
Then they just disappeared ... lol
Im thinking this might have been "Storm" cheer who is currently based out of Stafford... But Im not sure..
anyone know?

What ever happen with the Merge with Stingrays & Georgia?

I know Georgia is back up again, but what happen?

I used to be on Basics! lol it's still a gym, but as of this year no longer has any allstar teams. it's sort of because of the WV high school rule, it's actually a pretty long story. Brian, the owner/coach of Basics now co-owns Famous Superstars out of Charleston, WV. they have two coed level 5 teams I believe..

I think it's only International 5, and an open senior 5 team. Pretty good from what I saw. I still don't et that Basics feeling. I miss Basics, small senior could give anyone the chillllls!

POWER from California - we are still doing well and going strong. We are in our 13th year and have fielded 13 teams this season; thus the "LUCKY 13" theme.
SPECIAL NEEDS
TINY 1
MINI 1
JUNIOR 1
YOUTH 2 Sm
YOUTH 2 Lg
SENIOR 2
JUNIOR 3
SENIOR 4.2 Sm
SENIOR 4.2 Lg
SENIOR 4 Lg
SENIOR OPEN 5
INTERNATIONAL ALL GIRL 5

POWER from California - we are still doing well and going strong. We are in our 13th year and have fielded 13 teams this season; thus the "LUCKY 13" theme.
SPECIAL NEEDS
TINY 1
MINI 1
JUNIOR 1
YOUTH 2 Sm
YOUTH 2 Lg
SENIOR 2
JUNIOR 3
SENIOR 4.2 Sm
SENIOR 4.2 Lg
SENIOR 4 Lg
SENIOR OPEN 5
INTERNATIONAL ALL GIRL 5
Just wondering, is power thinking about going large senior 5 again next season? I loved them in 2008.

Latest posts

Back