Music Headphone Preference?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 23, 2011
Since this forum never has any actual conversation I thought I'd go for it and see whats everyone's preference in headphones when mixing music?

I have Ultrasone HFI-450's and I love the sound and the noise cancelation of them...my only gripe about them is that their wire isn't interchangeable and its 6 feet long -_-

anyone eles? : )

I have some really nice Shures... but honestly I sold out and got Dre Beats. I LOVE the Dre Beats.

kingston I've been looking at Beats, but I'm kinda worried that theres too much bass in them...do you find that they are even a tiny bit bassy

I have had two pairs of Diddy Beats and found the slogan about "hear what you've been missing" to be true. I am a headphone addict. I get annoyed listening through speakers in automotible when I can 'hear" more with headphones. I get the in-ear kind though so I can listen easily. Also, they stayed in at the gym, too. If you watch for a while you can get them on Amazon for a good price and Target will eventually put them on clearance. Everytime in Target I cruise down headphone aisle to see what they're got on clearance. Cp and teen get my castoffs,

If you mix....DONT do it on head phones. Most head phones give you a false sense of clarity. Get a set of studio monitors. I use ALesis M1Active. JBL's are good too.
^^^^This. Get a set of nice monitors. KRK Rokits are always a good choice. Any decent set of monitors will be better than headphones. They are more expensive than headphones, but worth it.

^^^^This. Get a set of nice monitors. KRK Rokits are always a good choice. Any decent set of monitors will be better than headphones. They are more expensive than headphones, but worth it.
I think Rokits for the price are prob the best deal...but have you ever tried Focals...oh my god talk about eargasm...

check ebay. I got some new KRK 6s in white for 150 a piece. (you have to have two) Best purchase I ever made. (you need to budget a lil for a usb interface preferably as well. I got an m-audio fast track pro as well for around 100 I believe, lightly used but everything included in box. I use it for my mic and monitors and could use it as a midi interface as well.)

If you mix....DONT do it on head phones. Most head phones give you a false sense of clarity. Get a set of studio monitors. I use ALesis M1Active. JBL's are good too.

Right on 8CountMusic... I use JBL LSR2300's and could not believe the difference in clarity I noticed in my final copies, after switching from headphones(even nice Bose headphones).

Back