Help With A Basic Cradle

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 7, 2011
okay so i fly for my sideline which we do basic stunts, like halves, extensions, libs and cradles. however, my bases pop my feet on the wrong time, one goes before the other which freaks me out a TON.
however, i have practice tomorrow and i really need advice on how i should set when i cradle. sometimes i step out of it, sometimes i pocket, sometimes i lean back. i always hear different things and i'm always told to do something else.

i am so confused and i really need help on cradling.
thanks!

@GeorgiaCheerleader If your bases aren't throwing together its usually not your fault then. Have them watch eachothers eyes as they pop and before on the ground have them reassure you then know the counts by just using their hands. You should really be able to identify the problem there if one goes up, then sponges, then pops and the other just drops? You'll see it! Also have your back really take control and guide the bases as one cohesive unit, hopefully it works a little better! And as Ellie said just stay tight, keep your knees locked and once your up and coming down you can pike out. Good luck!

If your bases don't pop at the same time, it's going to be hard for you. The only thing you can do is stay as tight as possible.
As a base, I always watch the flyer's foot my other base is holding, so I can synch the pop...

Just stay tight and you'll be fine. That's what happened to me. I also told my bases that they needed to count out loud so they can be sure to pop me on the right time. Good luck! :)

Counting usually helps. We have our kids go down longer. I find that 1 -2 down up usually causes a hippity-hop kind on cradle. Instead, we go down 1-2 throw 3-4 catch 5. Have them practice throwing your hands to get the timing

Back