OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Check and see if they have a lip liner brush. I use that with my lipstick of the day, line my lips, and then fill in the lines still using the brush. It's good for a very neat application but still getting the staying power and color of my favorite lipsticks.
How do you do the top lip? Mine always appears messy for some reason.

Going to ULTA today to stock up on my basics. I'm also looking for a good lip gloss that is easy to apply, stays on, isn't sticky and isn't super sheer. I don't want a lip stain or lipstick because I have a thin upper lip and I always seem to mess that lip up. I'm in search of a deep reddish/berry/burgundy color that isn't too dark. Something that will look good with my pasty winter skin. Any suggestions?

ETA: It needs to be a color that I can wear daily to work.
Have you tried Buxom Full on lip polish? I do not believe Ulta carries it but Sephora does. I swear by the stuff. It even gives your lips a fuller look and there are tons of colors to choose from. Plus it feels even better than chapstick in terms of soothing/moisturizing.

Have you tried Buxom Full on lip polish? I do not believe Ulta carries it but Sephora does. I swear by the stuff. It even gives your lips a fuller look and there are tons of colors to choose from. Plus it feels even better than chapstick in terms of soothing/moisturizing.
Hmm that sounds good. Is it really pricey?

How do you do the top lip? Mine always appears messy for some reason.
Make an x on your cupid's bow to define it. I like to make little strokes along my natural lip line to define the outer parts of my mouth. If I do it all if one swipe, I tend to mess up my line and get uneven lips.

About a month ago, I switched from my usual Tarte primer to the NYX one hoping to be able to use a cheaper version. Never again. It did a good job for the most part, but my makeup is basically sliding off my face today. I look all patchy and cakey. WTF.

About a month ago, I switched from my usual Tarte primer to the NYX one hoping to be able to use a cheaper version. Never again. It did a good job for the most part, but my makeup is basically sliding off my face today. I look all patchy and cakey. WTF.

I use Monistat chafing gel for primer

I never picked up on the sharpie eye trend thank god. But as soon as I got in a relationship my sophomore year, my appearance went down hill. No makeup, didn't bother brush my hair, sweat pants and tees. It was horrifying.

That's like me now but there's nothing wrong with me [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same. I've never noticed a difference between that and whatever other primer I switch between and for only 5-6 bucks you can't beat it.

My friend swore by smashbox primer and one day we were doing our make up and I pulled out my chafing gel and made him try it and be was like it feels exactly like smash box

The other day he called me and asked what to buy....I guess he ran out of smashbox

any ideas for a good eyeliner pen? one that makes a thin line and doesn't dry out? one that doesn't end up all over your face whenever you sweat a little or walk in the rain?
Urban Decay!!!! I can't remember the exact name right now and my makeup bag is sooooo far away but it is awesome. It's waterproof. The first time I used it I was so shocked at how easily it makes a straight, thin line. If you're looking for a cheaper option, my BFF buys a Jordana one that's like $2 and she swears it's as good as the UD one. It's funny because her & I just had this convo yesterday morning hahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back