High School High School Competitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

can somebody explain the divisions to me? with the numbers and the a's and stuff?

If it works the way it does for other sports and how it is in many other state for cheer it goes by their schools size (like football and other sports). Not sure if GA is the same but it seems like it.

I also have to say that I just watched the videos from yesterday and am so sad that I couldn't be there to see it in person. The crowd while Northgate sounded crazy and after they hit when the coach/parent (not sure which) runs on the mat was amazing to see.

I also have to say that I just watched the videos from yesterday and am so sad that I couldn't be there to see it in person. The crowd while Northgate sounded crazy and after they hit when the coach/parent (not sure which) runs on the mat was amazing to see.

I know! His excitement is contagious!

Northgate did look amazing. No doubt 4a was the hardest division this year and I was surprised with the final placement!! I know I'm biased, but Starr's mill would have been 1st or 2nd if they had hit. Question though, what happened to alpharetta? I was told that they hit solid

I hate that we choked. I really wanted to see how we could of matched up to Northgate with this rubric. We both max out so it would be close. Until they take out "or's" in the rubric it will continue to be close in Georgia high school divisions.

I hate that we choked. I really wanted to see how we could of matched up to Northgate with this rubric. We both max out so it would be close. Until they take out "or's" in the rubric it will continue to be close in Georgia high school divisions.
I hate or's. There really should be a strict guideline with the judging. Not only will it be easier, but it will allow teams to know exactly why they need to win. Anyone know if they are altering the score sheet again??

I hate or's. There really should be a strict guideline with the judging. Not only will it be easier, but it will allow teams to know exactly why they need to win. Anyone know if they are altering the score sheet again??
I had to do a judges training fairly recently. (not for Georgia) and they told us to look at "ors" as "ands." If you want to max out and reach the top of the range to win, don't do this OR this. Do this AND this. I am not familiar with the GA scoresheet at all though so I don't know if that would work for theirs or not.

If it works the way it does for other sports and how it is in many other state for cheer it goes by their schools size (like football and other sports). Not sure if GA is the same but it seems like it.

He is one of the Coaches, and he is one of the nicest people I have ever met. He truly wants the best for the girls and expects nothing less :) Thanks for your kind words. It was such an intense competition and we were just proud of the way the girls performed, and even if they had lost we still would have been proud! They had not hit all year so that's all we asked for. The hardest part about creating a team full of tumbling and stunting in our county is the fact that we are ground bound in our county until you are in High School so there is no feeder program for your High School squad. We also don't have open enrollment which means if you don't live in our district you can't come here. The southside of GA consistently puts out quality teams even without the advantages of others. Northgate, Starr's Mill, McIntosh, and Whitewater have been teams to watch for years and to me that says alot about all of us. Starr's Mill and McIntosh all put on great shows, and Johns Creek rocked the house with so much tumbling and great routine. Can't wait to see what everyone brings next year :)

can somebody explain the divisions to me? with the numbers and the a's and stuff?

The A's refer to school size based on student population: single A being smallest and moving up to AAAAAA (or 6A). At least I think Georgia goes up to 6A. Georgia is then divided up into geographic regions - 1 through 8. So teams compete for their region titles, within their size category and then move on to the state competition, while always staying within the size classifications. For example, Elm HS wins the class AAA competition in region 4 so they advance to state. meanwhile, Oak HS which is a bigger school also in region 4 wins the AAAA competition, so they advance to state to compete against the other class AAAA winners. So you can have a state single A Cham(1A), AA champ (2A), AAA (3A) champ and so on. I believe that is accurate, if not, someone please correct me.

Allatoona at sectionals. They during finals besides a small bobble, but i think they shouldve won.

I wish PA high school competition was organized like GA. In PA high school teams are basically rec teams. I like the idea of states.

Latest posts

Back