OT Homeschoolers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jun 17, 2011
Hey All!
I'm totally curious to know how many homeschooled all-star cheerleaders are out there.

i'm homeschooled and am a sophomore in highschool, (i do online school).
just curious:)

My daughter went to public school until this year. She is doing her senior year at home (online as well). She's actually just about done. She cheered at school and allstar until this year and now she'll be doing just allstar, starting next week we hope!

She looooooooves doing the online school. And it makes cheer easier because she used to not get home until 4:00. Now she's home all day, so she has PLENTY of time to get ready for practice. :)

I know a lot of people at ACX who are home schooled! they all love it, and at practice, everyone who goes to school is veryyy jealous of not NOT tired they are!

My daughter went to public school until this year. She is doing her senior year at home (online as well). She's actually just about done. She cheered at school and allstar until this year and now she'll be doing just allstar, starting next week we hope!

She looooooooves doing the online school. And it makes cheer easier because she used to not get home until 4:00. Now she's home all day, so she has PLENTY of time to get ready for practice. :)
where will she hopefully be cheering at? :)

I was homeschooled (another online one here) my junior and senior year while I was cheering as well. Kicker is I actually went back to my "real" high school in the fall, after I finished my senior year online during the summer beforehand, so I would still be able to graduate with all my friends. Online school was so much easier for me to handle with everything else I had to deal with and a lot of people saw it as pretty normal within my gym and with my friends and family. And heck, it makes graduating earlier much easier if someone ever wanted to (and quite a few I know did because here, if you graduate a year early, they pay for the first year of college at our local community college, which isn't a bad deal. I could have graduated early, but chose not to because I wanted to be able to graduate with my friends and all the other people who were my age instead of from a school where I'd never met anyone because it was online.

I do online school this year and and heavily considering going back even with cheer because i dont feel as if i learn much doing the online school im just going through motions to get grades.

I'm Homeschooled! But I do books. I started freshman year and I'm on my Junior year right now! I love it and it's alot less stressful then trying to balance homework and traveling to a different state to cheer

Yes, I do Cheerislove8! Thanks for thinking of me.

I home school the youngest. She's in 7th grade. This is our 2nd year doing it. Honestly, I'm sorry I didn't start in the 4th grade. We do books, like OhBbyItsTee. We spend on average 3 to 3 1/2 hours on it a day in a normal week. We aren't doing it for cheer reason's but the flexibility when traveling or say in the month of Feb when it's all cheer all the time (with 3 out of state comp's to attend) does come in very handy. LOL

@HaveHeart1996 which online program do you do?

I was almost homeschooled but I wanted the high school experience and being able to see my friends. But I sure would love getting up later than 5:45

I home school the youngest. She's in 7th grade. This is our 2nd year doing it. Honestly, I'm sorry I didn't start in the 4th grade. We do books, like OhBbyItsTee. We spend on average 3 to 3 1/2 hours on it a day in a normal week. We aren't doing it for cheer reason's but the flexibility when traveling or say in the month of Feb when it's all cheer all the time (with 3 out of state comp's to attend) does come in very handy. LOL

I do K-12 :)

Mine is called connections academy in PA. but i think its in more states than just PA

I was in public school all my life, then when i moved to Nevada, and the high-school experience was very different than the one i was used to in Ohio, I did online school through K-12 for my sophmore year and it was great! I just had to keep myself focused and on task. Now I am back in public school though, as i live in Ohio again. But I'm glad i did online school this past year i feel like it really helped me prepare for college because it was up to me to learn the material. I also really missed the social setting of High school. I have cheered throughout all of this, and will admit that i was much less stressed with online school because of the flexibility that it provided me.

My daughter has bounced between, public schools, DOD schools, private schools and homeschooling her entire school life.
I have loved each of the programs she been in for different reasons, but homeschooling was one of my favorites. :)

I've never been homeschooled, but for those of you that are homeschooled I've always wondered, do you just wake up whenever you want and just start working? It may sound like a stupid question, but I would loveeee to sleep in every day instead of waking up for school..

Back