OT Homeschoolers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I wish I would have did homeschool my senior year. Febuary was a nightmare with school and cheer and this year will be worse. I'm really thinking about taking all my classes online next semester

My cp is homeschooled, we have been homeschooling her since 3rd grade and she is now a sophomore. I must say that it really comes in handy with the traveling and allows me to give her a heads up on classes she will take when entering college.

My cp is homeschooled, we have been homeschooling her since 3rd grade and she is now a sophomore. I must say that it really comes in handy with the traveling and allows me to give her a heads up on classes she will take when entering college.
i have been homeschooling since 3rd grade, and i am also a sophomore as well. i wouldnt change a thing. i love it soooo much.

Currently, I take 6 classes at school & one online (I don't have a 1st period) But, starting next semester i'll have 4 classes at school (electives & english) & i'll be taking Marine Bio & algebra 2 online. I'm a junior now. But I guess you can't really say i'm fully homeschooled, just partially. lol

I noticed some of the college programs like UT (University of Texas in Austin) list a year of high school cheer year experience as a requirement to apply for their cheer program. Do most Universities with this requirement make exceptions for homeschoolers?

I can barely get homework done at home, props to all you homeschoolers for staying focused and actually getting stuff done, lol i couldnt do it XD

I noticed some of the college programs like UT (University of Texas in Austin) list a year of high school cheer year experience as a requirement to apply for their cheer program. Do most Universities with this requirement make exceptions for homeschoolers?
I assume so. I live in MI so for me, I have to meet the state of Michigan requirements in order to get accepted into college.

I assume so. I live in MI so for me, I have to meet the state of Michigan requirements in order to get accepted into college.
Ut will accept you as a student from homeschool, but for cheer their site states they require high school cheer experience (all star by itself doesn't meet this requirement) to cheer on their team.

Ut will accept you as a student from homeschool, but for cheer their site states they require high school cheer experience (all star by itself doesn't meet this requirement) to cheer on their team.
To the best of my knowledge high school cheer requirement isn't required in the state of MI.

Back