All-Star How Do You Train..? Survey(:

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 31, 2011
So there's a lot of cheerleaders who train at home. I wanna know how you can keep up with this! I just cant stick to anything! LOL:)

1. Do you train at home, gym, or both?
2. How long do you train at home, gym, or both?
3. Do you condition? If so, what do you do?
4. Do you eat a balanced diet and exercise in part of your training routine?
5. Do you stretch everyday? And does that help you get more flexible?
6. Do you set aside days for different things to train/ work on? (e.i. Mondays- train for jumps: Tuesdays- train for stunts: etc.) ? What's your schedule like?
7. If you do train, do you see a difference on how you are in cheerleading? Does training help you become a better cheerleader?

Thanks! Cause I'm stuck and tryouts are coming up soon and I want to start now:)

1. Both
2. not counting practices and tumbling class i try to train at home at least 2 times a week
3. yes I have a tumbling work out my coach gave me
4. yes.
5. yes and yes because i am a flyer
6.ummmm i try to work on things like conditioning in general on the weekends
7. yes, the leg lifts i do for my jumps have def. made an improvement for me:)

1. Do you train at home, gym, or both?- Both but mainly at the gym
2. How long do you train at home, gym, or both?-i train atleast 1-2 hours 2 days a week going on 3 cause close to try-outs
3. Do you condition? If so, what do you do?-alot of things too many to describe
4. Do you eat a balanced diet and exercise in part of your training routine?-no not really but i do eat healthy im too small to go on a diet
5. Do you stretch everyday? And does that help you get more flexible?-Yes yeah alot at the beginning of the season i couldnt pull a descent heel stretch and now i can do a bow n arrow
6. Do you set aside days for different things to train/ work on? (e.i. Mondays- train for jumps: Tuesdays- train for stunts: etc.) ? What's your schedule like?-No i do as mmuch i can
7. If you do train, do you see a difference on how you are in cheerleading? Does training help you become a better cheerleader?- yes alot im now a better cheerleader too much to describe how this has helped me in one year

1. Do you train at home, gym, or both? BOTH
2. How long do you train at home, gym, or both? GYM MAYBE AROUND 6 HOURS. HOME IS MOSTLY PHYSICAL THERAPY STUFF.
3. Do you condition? If so, what do you do? YES, I DO A LOT OF KNEE JOINT AND ANKLE STRENGTHENING, CORE AND CARDIO WORK OUTS.
4. Do you eat a balanced diet and exercise in part of your training routine? I TRY TO BUT ITS REALLY HARD LOL
5. Do you stretch everyday? And does that help you get more flexible? NOT EVERYDAY BUT I TRY TO DO IT AT LEAST 4-5 TIMES A WEEK.
6. Do you set aside days for different things to train/ work on? (e.i. Mondays- train for jumps: Tuesdays- train for stunts: etc.) ? What's your schedule like? WELL SINCE IM HURT I DO PHYSICAL THERAPY EVERYDAY, AND I TRY AND WORK JUMPS AND TUMBLING ON TUE AND THURS.
7. If you do train, do you see a difference on how you are in cheerleading? Does training help you become a better cheerleader? ALL THE CONDITIONING HAS DEFINITELY MADE IT EASIER GETTING ALL OF MY OLD SKILLS BACK.

1. Do you train at home, gym, or both?-Both
2. How long do you train at home, gym, or both?-home- 1 hour a week (usually stretching)-gym- at least 10 hours a week... i'm also on a hs team along with ICE
3. Do you condition? If so, what do you do?-ohh YES- tumble torture, abs &core workouts, insanity workout vid, running, full outs at the very end, rallys down the 9 panel, and just a bunch others i could write 5 pages on what i do to condition
4. Do you eat a balanced diet and exercise in part of your training routine?-ish?- i try to eat healthy but i have my splurges, and i don't really have time to exercise outside of cheer since i'm in hs and practices for hs and allstar take us most of my time.
5. Do you stretch everyday? And does that help you get more flexible?-no- about every other day, yes it does help flexibility
6. Do you set aside days for different things to train/ work on? (e.i. Mondays- train for jumps: Tuesdays- train for stunts: etc.) ? What's your schedule like?-no- right now it's just all together since i have 2 squads with 2 diff schedules. schedule when both teams were competing... monday: 4-5 tumbling, 5-6 stunt class (helping those who pay for it, not on our team), 6-830 ICE practice (most of it is just everything, ocassionally we'll put one practice out for tumbling, stunting, etc.) Wednes- 4-6 hs practice (i'm on varsity this is for jv and freshmen, &&this is mostly tumbling but 30 min of stunts &jumps too) 6-830- ICE (just like before) Thurs- 4-5 ICE team tumbling Fridays &Saturdays- usually games basketball &ftball, helps a lil for tumbling, it just makes me try harder since its track/bball floor. Sundays-3-5 open gym (optional) 4-6 hs varsity practice (mostly working on routine) 6-830 ICE
7. If you do train, do you see a difference on how you are in cheerleading? Does training help you become a better cheerleader?-YESS &YES!- i would die without conditioning &i deff have more energy at the end of a routine.

1. Do you train at home, gym, or both? stretch at home mostly at gym
2. How long do you train at home, gym, or both? 35 min a day at home 8hrs a week in gym
3. Do you condition? If so, what do you do? crunches and tuck circles
4. Do you eat a balanced diet and exercise in part of your training routine? nope
5. Do you stretch everyday? And does that help you get more flexible? yes
6. Do you set aside days for different things to train/ work on? (e.i. Mondays- train for jumps: Tuesdays- train for stunts: etc.) ? What's your schedule like? every day but friday and saturday
7. If you do train, do you see a difference on how you are in cheerleading? Does training help you become a better cheerleader? yes

1. Do you train at home, gym, or both? -both
2. How long do you train at home, gym, or both? -at home I usually practice half an hour to an hour per day, depending on what I'm doing that day.
3. Do you condition? If so, what do you do?-yes I try to run, do core strength exercises ad tuck drills my coach assigned me:)
4. Do you eat a balanced diet and exercise in part of your training routine? Yes I try to!
5. Do you stretch everyday? And does that help you get more flexible?Yes, and it really does help!
6. Do you set aside days for different things to train/ work on? (e.i. Mondays- train for jumps: Tuesdays- train for stunts: etc.) ? What's your schedule like? No, I don't really set aside days, I just try to do a bit of everything each day.
7. If you do train, do you see a difference on how you are in cheerleading? Does training help you become a better cheerleader?- yes, I notice more strength in stunts and better tumbling. It definetly helps:D
Best of luck at tryouts!

1. Of course I train at the gym, but I also stretch a lot at home and condition sometimes also
2. Gym- 6 hours/ week; home- 20-30 mins/day, maybe 3 days per week?
3. Personally nothing very intense. Occasionally ab stuff, bu I actually enjoy ab workouts haha :)
4. I eat what I want.. but (and I don't mean to brag) I don't have to worry about getting in shape sooo I guess I don't have to watch what I eat :p
5. At first I did, when I wasn't flexible- it helped boatloads. Now I only stretch a few days a week, and it depends on how "hard" I stretch if I increases, or just maintains my flexibility
6. Nope, I usually just do something on the 2 or 3 of the days that I don't practice
7. Uh, personally, I don't train hard enough at home that it would make too much of a difference, but if you really work on your stuff you'll see a big increase in your strength, stamina, and/or flexibility overtime :)
You just have to stick to it!! Good luck :)

1. Do you train at home, gym, or both? both
2. How long do you train at home, gym, or both? at home i have to do exercises for my knees which takes about 3 minutes. 3 times a week. at the gym about an hour 3 times a week.
3. Do you condition? If so, what do you do? exercises for my knees. at the gym i tumble and condition
4. Do you eat a balanced diet and exercise in part of your training routine? no lol
5. Do you stretch everyday? And does that help you get more flexible? YES i have made myself stretch everyday and my jumps are sooooo much better now
6. Do you set aside days for different things to train/ work on? (e.i. Mondays- train for jumps: Tuesdays- train for stunts: etc.) ? What's your schedule like? uhhh i tumble on mondays and wednesdays? practice on tuesdays and saturdays.
7. If you do train, do you see a difference on how you are in cheerleading? Does training help you become a better cheerleader? i have to do my knee exercises to keep from having surgery so yes in the end it does help, but im still gonna have to have surgery. and conditioning has helped me get through my routines!

1. I usually work out at my cheer gym twice a week, I try to make it to my regular gym maybe once a week If possible, and I run at my house
2. My private lessons are an hour each, if I go to the gym I'll be there maybe an hour, and I usually run for 30 minutes
3. Conditioning is key for me. I condition at the end of my private lessons. I stretch and tone my stomach and legs.
4. I have to eat a balanced diet. My body cannot handle processed foods and high fat items. I tend to go for fish or chicken with veggies, soups, rice, English muffins, yogurt, etc.
5. Stretching everyday will help you improve overall. It's great for achieving your flexibility goals but it will also create muscle memory which helps with all aspects of cheerleading.
6. Not really. I have tumbling usually on Tuesday's and Wednesday's where I work on tumbling and jumps but other than that I just kinda do my own thing.
7. Yes! It will 100% help in every aspect of cheerleading. The more you train the better skills will be

Good luck!

Back