All-Star How Does Your Cp Inspire You?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When I went to parent-teacher conferences this year, every single teacher told me the same thing - that cp just works so well with others. No matter which group they put her in, she assumes the role they need her to, whether it is leader or to sit back and let someone else take the reins. She gets great grades, and puts in a lot of hard work to achieve them, but this meant more to me than her overall average.

Cp inspires me because after a season last year when she was basically repeatedly told by the coach that she was less than mediocre (the coach referred to any new skills that she thought should be easily mastered as "so easy that "my cp's name" could do it") she refused to give in and now in a new gym she has regained her confidence and continued her love for the sport. I don't know if I could have stuck it out the entire season being made to feel the way she did.

Cp has for the first time the opportunity to volunteer and work with a special needs team and loves doing it. It makes me so proud when we are in waiting room and the kids are coming in and their faces light up when they see cp.

When I went to parent-teacher conferences this year, every single teacher told me the same thing - that cp just works so well with others. No matter which group they put her in, she assumes the role they need her to, whether it is leader or to sit back and let someone else take the reins. She gets great grades, and puts in a lot of hard work to achieve them, but this meant more to me than her overall average.

Cp inspires me because after a season last year when she was basically repeatedly told by the coach that she was less than mediocre (the coach referred to any new skills that she thought should be easily mastered as "so easy that "my cp's name" could do it") she refused to give in and now in a new gym she has regained her confidence and continued her love for the sport. I don't know if I could have stuck it out the entire season being made to feel the way she did.

Cp has for the first time the opportunity to volunteer and work with a special needs team and loves doing it. It makes me so proud when we are in waiting room and the kids are coming in and their faces light up when they see cp.

NO NO NO!!! BAD COACH!! Makes me sad to hear that :( but makes me happier you didn't put up with it! GOOD GOOD GOOD Parent!!! :)

I didn't even mention her grades....what a shame on me!
She's in the first grade reading on a 3rd grade level, makes 4's in everything (except behavioral things not paying attention and talking too much in class...have no idea where she gets that from :oops: )

Every week I do a dry run w/her on her spelling words (On Monday's, so she hasn't even done anything in class w/them yet). Every single week she knows all of the words during the dry run. We still do the cut and sort and sentences w/them since it's part of her homework for the week. Then on Thursday we test her again, just in case..100 every time. So in her Monday folder I see the results one day from her very first spelling test. She got 3 wrong (one word wasn't even on the list the teacher called out). Now knowing she knew those words and knowing that her lack of attention probably caused the problem, we explained to her what a 70 was (not the 10 point system either, meaning a 70 is a D. Since both myself and my husband are back in school, she knows about letter grades. When she found out what that 70 meant, never again a single bad grade for any test. She didn't want to fail something she knew she was capable of, and I love that about her for being so young!!

NO NO NO!!! BAD COACH!! Makes me sad to hear that :( but makes me happier you didn't put up with it! GOOD GOOD GOOD Parent!!! :)
Thank you - although I sometimes think I would have been a better parent if I had punched the coach in the face when I found out what she was saying and allowing some of cp's teammates to echo.

CoachKelly I hope your CP is ok!! I will search for your discussion! Whitney completely tore her UCL doing her ROBHS. When it happened she said she heard a bunch of "pops". We only found out the extent of her injury after an MRI. I hope your CP's is just a sprain! She sounds like an amazing kid!

Erynne goes for her MRI on Monday and then we have an appt. on Friday to meet with the Dr. for the results. Next week is going to take forever. Friday will never get here fast enough.

My Princess inspires me everyday because even when cheer practice is especially terrible she still cannot wait to go back. She endures terrible bullying from kids at school and still keeps a smile on her face she is always the first kid to say how much cheer means to her and how wonderful her gym is. My princess has lost family members who now want nothing to do with her because of cheer but she still cheers knowing all she would have to do is quit and she would have said family members back. She is not the best cheerleader and she will never be a superstar cheerleader and often times she is put in the back for jumps and standing tumbling but she loves this sport.

My daughter's loyalty to her gym is amazing even when kids from our gym were picking at her and telling her she would never be a good cheerleader she was as loyal as she had always been. Her love for Platinum Athletics is amazing. When things got bad and and she was leaving every practice in tears and not one practice was good she still was incredibly loyal and always had nice and wonderful things to say about her gym, her second home.

My Princess inspires me everyday because even when cheer practice is especially terrible she still cannot wait to go back. She endures terrible bullying from kids at school and still keeps a smile on her face she is always the first kid to say how much cheer means to her and how wonderful her gym is. My princess has lost family members who now want nothing to do with her because of cheer but she still cheers knowing all she would have to do is quit and she would have said family members back. She is not the best cheerleader and she will never be a superstar cheerleader and often times she is put in the back for jumps and standing tumbling but she loves this sport.

My daughter's loyalty to her gym is amazing even when kids from our gym were picking at her and telling her she would never be a good cheerleader she was as loyal as she had always been. Her love for Platinum Athletics is amazing. When things got bad and and she was leaving every practice in tears and not one practice was good she still was incredibly loyal and always had nice and wonderful things to say about her gym, her second home.

Wait, WHAT? :eek:
Why?

Wait, WHAT? :eek:
Why?

Because they feel like she and I chose cheer over family because she can't just skip practices to shop or hang out. They feel like cheer has taken over her life and that all she cares about is cheer they are not good people and I should have known before I allowed my daughter to be around them.

Because they feel like she and I chose cheer over family because she can't just skip practices to shop or hang out. They feel like cheer has taken over her life and that all she cares about is cheer they are not good people and I should have known before I allowed my daughter to be around them.
They're free to participate as much as possible right? Watching practices, going to comps, etc? That's just so wrong to put such a terrible ultimatum on a child like that (regardless of right or wrong, period!)!!

They're free to participate as much as possible right? Watching practices, going to comps, etc? That's just so wrong to put such a terrible ultimatum on a child like that (regardless of right or wrong, period!)!!

Yes they just want control and can't control cheer

Back