OT How Has Cheerleading Helped You Or Someone You Know

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

CheerDadof2

Cheer Parent
May 15, 2012
I ask this because too often we get caught up in the "drama" that is cheer and forget what cheer has brought to us. Personally my CP's have gained a ton of confidence and it has been the only constant thing in thier lives in the last couple of years.

Here in GA I know of one family who got a world of support for thier cheerleader when she got sick and I know of another one that lives for cheer because it's her chance to be a normal kid.

So how has cheerleading helped you, your cp or someone you know?

Leadership has been one of the best things I've taken from cheerleading. It started with little things, such as being known as the "responsible one" on the team in junior high, but morphed into pep rally choreographer, varsity captain in high school, and eventually summer camp staff in college. All of those leadership positions were never easy (especially since I tend to be more on the introvert side of the spectrum in person), but I would not be the same person today without them. Cheerleading has pushed me to step up and take charge when needed, as well as be confident in myself throughout life.

Cheerleading has also helped expose me to all sorts of personalities, which is crucial to understand how to work with different types of people in both daily environments as well as jobs. I truly believe the teamwork required in this sport is second to none.

Finally, learning how to balance school cheer, all star cheer, classes, etc. has helped with my planning skills! I can also keep my cool and not get stressed out during busy or hectic times because I understand that it can be handled, I just need to breathe and stay calm, compared to when many of my classmates in college would be so frazzled during busy extracurricular and test weeks.

I could go on for DAYS about how cheer has changed my life. But all in all, its given my an outlet for all of life's problems as well as confidence i never had before :)

Back