How Many Days Do You Practice A Week?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have two practices with my team on Tuesdays and Wednesdays which are two hours but then I have Thursdays and Fridays tumbling and then Sundays open gym

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Three days of All-Star, three open gyms and one tumbling class a week. About 17-19 hours a week or so? I'm a cheer addict, haha. ;) #eatsleepcheerrepeat

Monday-3-5:30
Tuesday-3-5 and then I stay to tumble till 8:30
Wednesday I just go to tumble-6-7
Thursday-6-9
Sunday-I just tumble from 3-4:30

My high school team practiced 6 days a week for 2 1/2 hours during football/comp season. My allstar team practices twice a week for 2 1/2 hours and occasional extra practices when needed/before comps

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I noticed on my all star team I practiced WAY more than my school team, so which do you practice for more all star or school? and how many days?
During the summer I have practice for varsity football cheerleading everyday and for all star we have it 3 twice a week for 2 hours. But during the season i have school cheer once a week for 2 hours and all star twice a week. Once for 4 hours and once for 2 hours. But in addition to that we have to take a tumbling class and have a stunt practice every week.

school cheer we practices twice a week for an hour in a half and for All Star cheer we practiced three times a week for 2 hours 30 mins and one one hour tumbling class a week.

We practice our athletes two times a week this year. We also hold numerous tumbling classes throughout the week and open gyms on Friday night. We will be moving to a three practice per week schedule next season. It is something both our coaches and athletes are excited about!

My 11 y.o daughter practices 3 times a week for 2 hrs and takes 2 privates classes for a total of 1 hr... She is in the gym for about 7-8 hrs/week and if you asked her it is eternity and 1 day...:rolleyes: She loves competing, but hates the process of getting competition ready...She always tells me that she READY, just SHOW her what she needs to do, QUICK!!!(and I will say, you mean Quickly,,,).LOL

Last edited:
For my school we practice 3 days a week for 3-4 hours depending if your on the competition team or not.

~*If it's in your heart,then it's in your spirit~*

Last year, I coached school cheer 4 nights a week 4-6.

Then there were all star practices 3x week from 6-8. Then competitions. And then the privates.

We'd been fostering a boy, and our state decided to move toward finalizing and making him our son. That schedule is not the best for showing a kid that he's important; so we decided a year away from all of it would be best. I'm jumping back in next season, but will definitely not be coaching 3 teams!

I joined cheer after high school... all star 18+ international open teams. My coed team practices once a week and all girl practices twice. All practices are two hours.

Back