How Many Days Do You Practice A Week?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm a high school cheerleader and during the sideline cheer season we practice Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 6-8, and football games on Friday. Not counting additional tumbling outside of cheer. This is all summer long.

During the competitive season we practice Monday - Friday from 6-8 sometimes 8:30 and compete every Saturday.

When I cheered, my all star practices were twice a week. High school during competition season was 5 days a week. We were considered a Varsity sport and wanted to be treated as such because sideline was considered separate and not a sport (even though you still needed an athletic physical for it). All other fall sports practiced 5-6 days a week as well.

Twice a week for two hours.
Tuesday; 2 hours of cheer.
Thursday;1 hour of cheer & 1 hour of tumbling.
Sometimes we have an extra practice for 2 hours & a half. :)

Schedule
Mondays: "Sparkle Time" 7:00-8:30
Tuesday: Practice 6:45-8:30
Wednesday: ------
Thursday: Practice 6:45-8:30
Friday: ------
Saturday: Tumbling 12:00-4:00
Sunday: -------
:D

last year when i did allstar i did
monday: private tumbling with my coach 1 hour
tuesday: practice 3 and a half hours
wednesday:free
thursday: 1 and a half hours of team tumbling
friday & saturday if i had competitions
sunday: if there isnt a competition then we had 3 hours of practice, if we had a competiton on a saturday then we got this sunday off.

highschool we practice 3 days after school for like 2 hours, but that's a freshman team

Just curious. When the practices overlap which one do you go to?
Well, it's sort of like a combined tumbling practice for that overlapped time. The teams come together and cross tumble. But after we get our routines I don't know how it's going to work out! Haha :)

I noticed on my all star team I practiced WAY more than my school team, so which do you practice for more all star or school? and how many days?
Hey Nichole. So my school team practices like one a week and as you know CYC cheer practices two days a week.(including extra practices before competitions):D

Back