OT How Many Languages Do You Speak?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

CheerDadof2

Cheer Parent
May 15, 2012
OK, so I didn't want to completely hijack the "vegan shoe" thread so I figured I'd start a new one.

I speak three - English, Spanish and French - I can understand most Italian and some Portuguese but no Latin.

Other dialects I understand is Spanglish but the Spanish from certain countries throws me off. I understand most country/southern accents but Honey Boo Boo is another thing all together. :)

Fluent: German, English, French

Being able to survive: Spanish, Turkish, Danish, Swedish (basically means I can say that i'm hungry/tired/thirsty, my name and ask where the bathroom is)

Not being able to speak at all, but understanding what the conversation is about: Low-German, Luxembourgish, sometimes also Turkish (depends on the accent)

Fluent: Swedish, English

Norwegian is close to Swedish, so I can understand everything. Danish is a bit harder but it works. I've studied Spanish and Italian in school, so I know a few sentences.. Lol. German and Finnish I can understand what the conversation is about.

Fluent in English and Castilian Spanish (Spain Spanish). I understand and speak Latin American Spanish but just conjugate some verbs awkwardly.
I can follow some Italian and Portuguese. I also know basic ASL and several useful phrases in German and French. I worked with the Olympic Bid committee so we had to learn A LOT of basic languages.

I speak English natively. I know some French. I used to know a lot of Latin and Greek as well, but my college didn't offer it to continue with.

I took 5 years of German, not exactly fluent in it. I can read it and comprehend it (sometimes) but ask me to speak it to you and we might have a problem.

And I know about five words in Spanish.

I can still rock out my self introduction in Japanese. I can probably still read a lot of Japanese stuff but I really couldn't tell you what it means.

I'm fluent in English and sarcasm. I would love to learn french because everything sounds so pretty.

English and Yiddish, although my Yiddish is a little rusty and works best when I am speaking with the 5 and under population. Oh and of course, Sarcasm; I think that was my first language. Learning French is on my bucket list.

I can still rock out my self introduction in Japanese. I can probably still read a lot of Japanese stuff but I really couldn't tell you what it means.

I'm fluent in English and sarcasm. I would love to learn french because everything sounds so pretty.

Japanese would be AWESOME!!!!!

C'est la vie! Never to late to learn. :)

English is obviously my native language haha.
I speak spanish somewhat...elementary through high school just doesn't even seem like enough to speak it fluently. I can speak a little latin; we just started learning it in english this year. and pig latin lol..fluent in that one!

Fluent: English, Sarcasm and profanity (only when I get really mad) :p

Understand: Puerto Rican Spanish and a bit of Castillian Spanish

Few scentences/words: French (I can say "No I do not speak French"), German ("Hello" mainly) and a bit of Japanese (had a project in Marketing and decided to try and learn some.. I can say "welcome to Japan", "Hello" and "Yes")

Back