OT How Many Languages Do You Speak?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
To greet someone in Swedish you say "hej" or "hejhej", it pronounces just like "hey" and "hey hey".

Now you all can say you know a bit Swedish :chestbump:

Don't Finns say something similar? (And u can't remember if it is hello or goodbye.)

Speak - English

Understand - sarcasm, Queen's English

Can identify - Finnish (as in if I hear it, I know it's Finnish but have no clue what is being said.)

I recognize French. I was decently fluent but after not giving it much thought in college it's kinda drained out of me. I know the words but my brain can't process it quick enough audibly to understand more than bits and pieces of words. The funny thing is, my roommate speaks French but doesn't know I do- so I can tell when he's talking smack about me to his momma :rolleyes:

English native. Wish I could speak Italian- all my dad's older relatives are fluent and I know how to read a menu lol

Don't Finns say something similar? (And u can't remember if it is hello or goodbye.)

Speak - English

Understand - sarcasm, Queen's English

Can identify - Finnish (as in if I hear it, I know it's Finnish but have no clue what is being said.)
It's "hei" or "moi" in Finnish. And yes, it's the same if you're saying hello or goodbye in Finnish. Not in Swedish! (I'm half finnish btw!)

It's "hei" or "moi" in Finnish. And yes, it's the same if you're saying hello or goodbye in Finnish. Not in Swedish! (I'm half finnish btw!)

I am too. That's how I can make out that someone is speaking it, even if I have no clue what they are saying.

We were going in a cruise once and the couple next to us was having a hard time checking in as they spoke no English. Luckily for them my mom was checking in next to me and was able to help them out.

I speak english and cheer.. just saying
I was writing up stunting to go to counts in a routine earlier in the week and it dawned on me that if some non cheer person had gotten the paper, they would be so confused. Cheer pretty much is its own language.
So then I speak English, Cheer, and French (poorly.)
But I also know a bit of Japanese, Spanish, and Hindi.

I am too. That's how I can make out that someone is speaking it, even if I have no clue what they are saying.

We were going in a cruise once and the couple next to us was having a hard time checking in as they spoke no English. Luckily for them my mom was checking in next to me and was able to help them out.
Aw! Have you ever been to Finland?

Sadly just English. :( If you dropped me in a French speaking country I could survive (basic, slow speaking skills that would make the people there insane, but they'd know what I was trying pathetically to say).

My older cp speaks English and Little Rock, Arkansas-an which judging from how she talks after she visits her father is definitely not English. :confused: She took Japanese from 6th thru 12th grade so she is like I am in French - people who speak Japanese would hate it, but they could probably figure out she was telling them something.

Little cp has taken French since kindergarten (she's in 5th now) so maybe by 12th she'll be relatively ok in it? Don't know where she'll use it, but I'm just glad she's learning that the entire planet does not actually exist in English.

I wish I knew some Polish or Spanish - we're one of the only English speaking families in our neighborhood and I'd like to actually be able to speak to my neighbors other than "hi".

I can read and write Spanish well enough, but if you started talking to me in it, I would struggle with it. Apparently 6 years studying it hasn't made much impact.

Back