All-Star How Many Summit Bid Events Did You Attend This Year?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 19, 2015
How many Summit Bid events did you attend? How many teams competed at the event and how many bids did they award?

Our Gym attended 3 or 4 Bid events for each of our 8 teams. Half the team earned bids. My daughter's team attended WSF Louisville, I want to say there was 5 to 6 hundred teams competing and they awarded 14 bids 4 paid 10 at large. This is where my CP got her at large bid and another of our teams got an at large bid. Next was Cheersport Atlanta which had 1200+ teams competing and they awarded 30 bids 5 paid and 25 at large. One of our teams got an at large bid here. The next event was local the American Classic which had about 200 teams and 8 bids 2 paid & 6 at large. The final event we attended was American Cheerpower in Columbus which had 500 teams competing for 15 bids 4 paid and 11 at large.

So all total 4 events 2400 teams (about) with 53 bid opportunities. Which means there was one bid available for about every 45 teams competing. Two events required 6 plus hours of driving, on event was 13+ hours to drive, and one event was in our own back yard.

I am guessing varsity must allocate their bids based on previous years attendance. I do remember both Cheersport & NCA having more bids last year. I want to say each competition lost about 10 bids each this year.

Here is the link to each event that had summit bids to award

http://register.varsity.com/VAS/Summit_Events_Cheer_2015_nocrop.pdf

Well since we don't accept wildcard bids I won't count those be we attend several bid comps

Tulsa Oklahoma Athletics (December) -174 teams
They offered 2 paid to the highest scoring teams and 8 at larges distributed evenly at each level
We took at large for level 2 (y2)
We took at large for level 3 (s3)
We took at large for level 4 (s4)
We took the paid for highest score with our level 5 (r5)

We attended ACA (January)
and they give paid to the highest 2 teams of the comp
And an at large for each level to the highest

We got one of the 2 paids for our y2 high score
so the at large bid from the previous comp they had received was passed down
We got the at large for our j2 as they were the next highest level 2 score

We then attended Cheerpower that gave 2 paids to large gym highest scores and maybe 3 at larges I'm not sure split between levels
J3 was grand champs and received 1 of the 2 paids

We didn't get any bids at Cheersport but only one team was left without a bid by the time Cheersport rolled around

NCA
We got our 7th and last team youth 1 an at large bid

Athletics- San Antonio
We have one more comp this weekend but they have only 2 at larges and no paids so we aren't eligible for any their bids

It's not a huge comp either so I think who ever is attending looking for a bid could likely get it. I'm surprised they have bids really.

They just put it on there so our teams since going to the summit could keep competing and not have a huge break.
They are giving away $8000 so that would be cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My gym only goes to one summit bid event (NCA Nationals) and only three of our six (full year) teams go.

However, our small coed level 4 decided to add an event to their schedule that offers summit bids. It's this weekend in Texas, I think it's a CheerPower event?

We're in a suburb of Kansas City, Missouri and there are very few local Varsity events (none offer bids) and it is too expensive to travel a crap ton to chase bids so that really isn't a goal for us as we mainly attend JamBrands events.

I believe we are adding one or two more Varsity events next year that offer bids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back