High School Hows Tryout's Going?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We had trouts the week after NCA (I remember when because it was so stressful). This year I tried out for freshman along with 70 other girls. The team only allows 24 so a lot of people didn't make it. It was very competitive and every girl that made the team has at least a standing and running tuck. Their are some that even did fulls for tryouts (4 girls). Over half of our team (14 girls) were on my middle school team(16 girls from my squad of 20 tried out), so you could say I'm happy with the results! The week after tryouts we had practice every monday and Wednesday, our last practice was last week. There are 22 girls on JV and 29 or 30 Varsity girls. It may seem like a lot but I go to Allen so this is like nothing...

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

We had trouts the week after NCA (I remember when because it was so stressful). This year I tried out for freshman along with 70 other girls. The team only allows 24 so a lot of people didn't make it. It was very competitive and every girl that made the team has at least a standing and running tuck. Their are some that even did fulls for tryouts (4 girls). Over half of our team (14 girls) were on my middle school team(16 girls from my squad of 20 tried out), so you could say I'm happy with the results! The week after tryouts we had practice every monday and Wednesday, our last practice was last week. There are 22 girls on JV and 29 or 30 Varsity girls. It may seem like a lot but I go to Allen so this is like nothing...

My CP's high school team is about 1/3 of the size of Allen and we have 30 on Varsity this year too! This is the largest squad they have ever had but this wasn't planned. Originally there was only 20 girls that made the Varsity squad, my CP being one of 5 juniors that made it. There were 8 girls that had been on the squads the previous year but didn't make either Varsity or JV. One of the parents of those girls hired an attorney and organized the rest of those parents and they filed a grievance with the school. To make a long story short, due to a technicality, those 8 girls plus 2 that only made JV were put on the squad. The squad is too big for all of them to cheer in front of the student section at our football stadium, so they are splitting them up by stunt groups and they will switch at half-time. Needless to say, there has been A LOT of controversy and drama this year and I don't think it will end anytime soon. The student body was very harsh to those girls who didn't make the original squad. But this is Texas, and cheer parents filing grievances when their CPs don't make a squad is nothing new.

My CP's high school team is about 1/3 of the size of Allen and we have 30 on Varsity this year too! This is the largest squad they have ever had but this wasn't planned. Originally there was only 20 girls that made the Varsity squad, my CP being one of 5 juniors that made it. There were 8 girls that had been on the squads the previous year but didn't make either Varsity or JV. One of the parents of those girls hired an attorney and organized the rest of those parents and they filed a grievance with the school. To make a long story short, due to a technicality, those 8 girls plus 2 that only made JV were put on the squad. The squad is too big for all of them to cheer in front of the student section at our football stadium, so they are splitting them up by stunt groups and they will switch at half-time. Needless to say, there has been A LOT of controversy and drama this year and I don't think it will end anytime soon. The student body was very harsh to those girls who didn't make the original squad. But this is Texas, and cheer parents filing grievances when their CPs don't make a squad is nothing new.
That last part is very true! After the tryout results were posted any girl that was on a middle school team last year and didn't make the freshman team was made fun of, it got really bad. I don't understand why they are making fun of them when half of them don't even have to tryout to be apart of the football team!

That last part is very true! After the tryout results were posted any girl that was on a middle school team last year and didn't make the freshman team was made fun of, it got really bad. I don't understand why they are making fun of them when half of them don't even have to tryout to be apart of the football team!

When I meant that the student body was harsh on the girls that didn't make the original squad, I meant that they were harsh on them AFTER they were placed on the squad. The student body was not in favor of these girls being given the privilege of being a Varsity cheerleader when they did not rightfully make the squad.

We had tryouts about a month ago. There were 22 people on our Varsity/Competition team, but one girl has quit. On JV there are 12 girls and this is the first year that our JV team will not be competing so they don't need many people.

Back