I Dont Think I've Seen Any Team Where A 3 Inch Wide Bow Ever, They Always Measure 5 To 6 In. Wide

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think they mean the width of the ribbon, rather than width of the bow. Typical ribbon width for All Star cheer bows is 3 inches.

I think they mean the width of the ribbon, rather than width of the bow. Typical ribbon width for All Star cheer bows is 3 inches.
so they are just referring to the ribbon size not the actual width of the bow? I guess i misunderstood.

I took it as ribbon width as well, does anyone use wider then 3"? I just can't believe that they wasted time discussing the size of these girls bows! SMH

I took it as ribbon width as well, does anyone use wider then 3"? I just can't believe that they wasted time discussing the size of these girls bows! SMH
Okay, I was hoping for some clarification there! I just wasnt sure because even with 3 inch ribbon you can make a pretty wide bow. Some bow websites have them up to 8 inches wide. Thats why I wasnt sure...

I agree with Mamarazzi regarding that its the width of the ribbon. A three inch bow would be kinda tiny! I don't know if putting this rule really changes too much however. Its pretty hard to find bows made with ribbon bigger then three inches wide. Even the "Texas" size bows are made with 3 inch ribbon. It's the length of the tails and the placement on the athletes head that makes the difference. But they kind of covered that as well.

I heard Keystone Extreme has/had 5-inch width ribbon bows, but I could certainly be incorrect. Ive seen KE compete pleanty this season, and it never struck me, or took away from their performance, that I noticed...

If we are going to have bow police, they should make a rule about having them secured properly! Seriously child you are on a level 5 team throwing crazy skills, learn how to put your bow in so that it stays! (My pet peeve!) JK on the rule though ;)

Bows for allstars are generally 3 inch width ribbon- however this yr 4 inch ribbon was very popular with high schools- and UCA made a big stink over bows should be no more than 2 3/4 and worn away frm the face. Now college is also mandating how bows are worn- and lastly now allstars- bows are an accessory they dont distract from a routine- they add to the uniform- being we are now told what to wear and how to wear it- maybe they should make all uniforms the same all routines the same and just see who executes it best- BORING!

They're not, it's part of the all-star image requirements. Anything bigger than 3" and you start looking like a cartoon.
I agree with you, but what do I care if a team chooses to look like a cartoon? I can't believe they are wasting time on bow size, when there are so many real issues to tackle.

I agree with you, but what do I care if a team chooses to look like a cartoon? I can't believe they are wasting time on bow size, when there are so many real issues to tackle.

Honestly, the bow rule probably took like 30 seconds to add to the other image requirements rules. No one really wears a bow bigger than 3" anyway. It can't hurt to make some changes to try and make our sport seem more legitimate.

Back