OT I know I can't save them all, but this one has a special place in my heart.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 24, 2009
This should probably be in advertising, but it doesn't get as much notice as random does.

Yesterday, while volunteering at the pound, my mom happened upon a beautiful 2-year-old pure bred rottweiler, and later found out that she was on the euthanasia list for this morning. She brought her home to stay at our house for the weekend in the hopes in the next two days, we could find a home for her. Please, please, if you're looking for a companion, consider adopting her. For the time being, we have named her Sugar because she's a very sweet dog. We will pay the adoption fee if some kind soul out there wants to take her in, and I will exhaust all efforts in trying to transport her to you.

I'm trying to post any place I can because I will not let her die. Just the thought of taking her back to that cold, scary place, and letting someone kill her makes my heart hurt, and I can't help but cry.

Aw, I would take her if I didn't already have 3 dogs. Are there "No kill" shelters where you live? We have some here in So Cal and that's where our baby came from. He was on the list to be put down at another shelter and luckily they picked him up and a week later he was with us. Good Luck=)

We don't really have a whole lot of no kill shelters that aren't completely full to the max. We have more rescues that are foster home based. We volunteer for one, but they only take red, blue, and queensland heelers. We've tried contacting other rescues. Everyone is just so full at this point because people have to downgrade to apartments in this economy and would rather get rid of their dog then find a home for it themselves or find a place they can take it with them.

I would love to be able to keep her myself, but she doesn't really like one of my dogs, and we don't want a fight to break out. It's hard to keep them separated ALL the time.

We don't really have a whole lot of no kill shelters that aren't completely full to the max. We have more rescues that are foster home based. We volunteer for one, but they only take red, blue, and queensland heelers. We've tried contacting other rescues. Everyone is just so full at this point because people have to downgrade to apartments in this economy and would rather get rid of their dog then find a home for it themselves or find a place they can take it with them.

I would love to be able to keep her myself, but she doesn't really like one of my dogs, and we don't want a fight to break out. It's hard to keep them separated ALL the time.

if you aren't keeping her because you think the dogs will fight then wait for a couple weeks. it takes dogs a while to get used to having another dog living in the house. i hope you get to keep her or can find her a good home!

Is there a farm or a ranch or something that might be able to take her? If not permanently then maybe just foster her until you find her a home. Or maybe one of those service that take dogs into hospitals to cheer the patients up (if she's good for that job. I know the stereotypes of rottweilers can scare some people...) I hope everything works out well!

I wish I could! My rottie (who turns 15 on Halloween) is living with my parents now because I can't have dogs in my condo. What major city are you closest to? If I know someone near there I'll contact them to see if they could take her in!

We found someone looking to adopt her. Not sure if it will work out because she has a cat and another male rott/german shepard mix. The rescue i volunteer for has a volunteer that is a very good dog trainer, and she came over and told us that it's mostly because she was abused before she came to the pound (she winces at the slightest movement towards her if she doesn't trust you, and fast movements even if she does), she doesn't know the signals of another dog trying to initiate play over initiating a fight. So we began training her tonight with breaking eye contact, and she's responding very well to it. I'm hoping that means she'll be able to coexist well with dogs. We're waiting until Wednesday for a meet and greet because she has to be on the antibiotics for kennel cough for a while so she's not contagious. Hopefully it goes well with the cat, she didn't seem to like them, but it's a try :) Wish her luck! If it doesn't happen, I think now with the training we've been told to give her, we may be able to make them coexist for the time being.

Awesome that you are trying to save her! Best of luck and I hope everything works out! Wish I didn't live on the opposite side of the country.

yeah, there's not a whole lot of phoenix people on the boards, but if someone really wanted her, and they didn't have any other animals (cause i couldn't do a meet and greet and see how it goes), and I really trusted that she was going to be loved and well cared for, I would definitely find a way for her to get across the country. There's a couple trucking companies that will transport dogs. We've had to send them from our rescue to other states before.

I'm not sure if my profile is private or not, but I have a picture of her: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php...340171&set=a.1272741100778.2041072.1297428847

let me know if it's not private, or you could just friend me.

sugar.jpg

She is really precious :) she was spayed yesterday, and we found her an awesome home to go to tomorrow!

Back