All-Star IASF age grid changes for 2022-2023

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

These are IASF changes. The link I had no longer works.
Sesame Street Idk GIF

Senior World falls under USASF. They have not released their changes yet.

To clarify (and while I'm not happy about more divisions), I believe this is partially the response to concerns about kids being eligible for Worlds this year, and not next year due to the new age grid. Now, kids who compete this year (Worlds 2022) will also have the opportunity to compete at Worlds 2023 rather than having to wait for 2024 for being 'too young' in 2023

I definitely think the age range changes are a positive step and I hope they stick with it this time. Training on an Open 4 team where the minimum age is 17 has definitely pushed me further towards being in favour of the change. I have found with the UK's situation (a lot of adults end up on senior teams due to lack of numbers) discussing topics such as weekends, potential social gatherings or job/college stress isn't something I would necessarily want to do around younger team mates for fear of being a bad influence. Whilst I did enjoy my last stint on a Senior 2, I also enjoy training a lot more as I'm around people my own age and training is a lot more independent / self-directed than a senior team as again, we are all adults. The age ranges for junior and senior are also far better and the narrower age range should bring more competitors back to the Junior division.

How would that play out in Sweden? Didn't someone here say children 9 and under perform exhibition at competitions
So now it will be 11 and under performing exhibition?

I just saw a document that said the open age divisions for IASF Open divisions will increase to 15 in 22-23 and 16 in 23-24.

No idea if USASF will follow suit for US Worlds teams.

Back