OT If You Could Go Anywhere In The World?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Kentucky (preferably for the Kentucky Derby because I lovee horses) and anywhere where there is a Chick-fil-a because I always see people that I follow from down south tweet about how amazing it is and there really aren't any in Wisconsin. I'd like to see if it lives up to all the hype.

You can come visit me for Derby! We live a couple of minutes from Churchill!

This year we will be on our honeymoon for Derby, so my mom is "house sitting" aka buying Derby tickets and having a huge party with all her friends... I miss all the fun stuff.

Wow, thank you guys for all the suggestions. They all sound fantastic. Last summer we went to South America, Guyana. that is where I'm from and my daughters just loved it. So for her graduation trip I prefer to take her somewhere she will never be able to go on her own....at least not anytime soon. I know she really wants to go to Spain and France, but I think she can make this happen on her own. So I am leaning towards something where she can have a nice time and meet other young adults her age as well as have a positive cultural experience.
So keep the ideas coming and I will keep you guys posted as to my decision and the actual trip. Right now we are preparing to leave for Florida for Nationals. My baby is going for her third jacket and my youngest is going for her 1st.
So as soon as we get back I will be working on finalizing our trip!:cheering:
Good luck at UCA and I agree, she can do Europe on her own at a later time.

Wherever you decide to go, you should check out couchsurfing and hospitalityclub. Both sites are usually to find someone local to stay with, but if you don't want to do that, there are also many people registered who are willing to show you around. I had some great city tours by locals that showed me what I wanted to see and also gave awesome tips aside from the usual ones you get at an organized city tour.
If you travel to Europe, you definitely should post your travel plans here - there are many European fierceboarders around, and I bet most of them are willing to meet you and show you around.

I, personally, would love to make a trip to the USA. But if you want to go somewhere where you daughter most likely will not travel on her own, I would consider her personality.
  • Europe is easy to travel - you get along well with only speaking English and I, personally, never had any fears traveling alone. Europe is great if you love to explore the history of it. Even though there is also a lot of outdoor things to do. You can see tons of different things with little travel
  • Asia is (except for the flight there) a "cheap" destination. Doesn't cost much when you're there - food, hotel, etc. It's doable with a budget, and if you get a good deal for your flight you won't spend much money. The more "western" the cities are, the more expensive it is to travel there. Unless you are in the tourist-hotspots, not everyone speaks English, and it might be difficult to communicate. If she is adventurous this is definitely a great destination when she is in college.
  • Australia/New Zealand is similar to Europe in terms of costs and communication. I would say that those are countries for nature-lovers. There is so much to do outdoors and so many amazing landscapes and things to do in the nature. If she is into those kinds of things she will love it.
  • Africa will probably be pretty adventurous. Depending on if you get screwed on prices a lot when you're there, you either don't pay much or a lot. I love to travel by myself but would not go to Africa by myself but only with at least one friend. Most parts in Africa are about the nature, even though there is also a rich history in some areas, depending on where you go.
If I had choose, I would pick Africa because that's the continent I would least likely travel on my own, additionally lots of things to do there are not doable with a college budget.

You can come visit me for Derby! We live a couple of minutes from Churchill!

This year we will be on our honeymoon for Derby, so my mom is "house sitting" aka buying Derby tickets and having a huge party with all her friends... I miss all the fun stuff.

Haha I'd totally love to! I always watch it with my grandma (cool, I know but she loves horses) and we make bets on who will win, ha. Ooo have fun on your honeymoon! Where are you guys going?

Emily did a great job of summarizing up some key ideas.
China - is something to see but would suggest at least part of the time a tour as language can sometimes get in the way. China is really trying to draw in tourist and prices can be good.

Personal favorite is Sydney Australia and I have always wanted to get to New Zealand. I have heard NZ beautiful. The beauty of Oz is you can spend time in a great city like Sydney but also travel around to other parts of the country for other experiences (diverse like the US). Great wine (Hunter Valley), the blue mountains, gold coast, etc. Take in Ruby football game if in season. In general, the Aussie's are fun and easy going. Lots of young people around in the city. Challenge - our summer is not the best time of year to go down under as they are falling into their winter. Having three weeks once you get to Australia - then not as hard to fly to other places in South Asia that are exotic/resorts. You can get some beautiful accomodations for less than other places. Might be going to Bali for work and as was said earlier in this thread suppose to be beautiful.

But I also love Europe. I am taking my two daughters (16 and 14) to Paris for a week and London for a week early this summer.

Good luck.

In the US, I'd love to go to Tennessee, Kentucky (preferably for the Kentucky Derby because I lovee horses) and anywhere where there is a Chick-fil-a because I always see people that I follow from down south tweet about how amazing it is and there really aren't any in Wisconsin. I'd like to see if it lives up to all the hype.

The Kentucky Derby is on my bucket list!!!!

The Kentucky Derby is on my bucket list!!!!
Mine too actually, but I do not think my daughter would care for that too much. She took riding lessons a few years back when she was in 6th grade, but by then it was all cheerleading and nothing else....she was really good, but hated it and I have not gotten her to try it since then. she will try it on a trail whenever we go camping, but outside of that, it is a bid no no......so that's a trip I can take on my own and I know I would love it.

I recently moved to Ireland from the USA and I have to say it's a pretty rad place to visit. I probably wouldn't stay here for much longer than two weeks as theres not a huge amount to see but it's definitively somewhere to come for the people! I've never met such a bunch of friendly, wild people. So different to the West Coast! You could combine it as part of a trip to Europe :D

Dubai is also an unreal place to go. I've been there twice and it's literally like nothing I've ever experienced before. It's like some crazy rich mans dream brought to life. Every thing is larger than life and it's such an exotic place. I don't recommend going in summer though, it's impossibly warm and you cant accomplish anything until 4pm at least!

You're such an awesome mom to bring her on a trip like that!

I recently moved to Ireland from the USA and I have to say it's a pretty rad place to visit. I probably wouldn't stay here for much longer than two weeks as theres not a huge amount to see but it's definitively somewhere to come for the people! I've never met such a bunch of friendly, wild people. So different to the West Coast! You could combine it as part of a trip to Europe :D

Dubai is also an unreal place to go. I've been there twice and it's literally like nothing I've ever experienced before. It's like some crazy rich mans dream brought to life. Every thing is larger than life and it's such an exotic place. I don't recommend going in summer though, it's impossibly warm and you cant accomplish anything until 4pm at least!

You're such an awesome mom to bring her on a trip like that!
Thanks, I am getting sooooo many good ideas. I have to start narrowing it down now. I wanted it to be a surprise but maybe I'll include her in the decision making. Hopefully I can talk her out of Paris, being that there is someplace she will more than likely go on her own with some of her college friends......

I'd highly recommend a trip to Morocco! Whether as a destination or for a few days from a European trip, it's definitely worth it! I went there for a couple weeks 2 years ago and it was such an amazing cultural experience, I'll never forget it. Plus there's beach towns, desert, historical sites, rural villages in the mountains, hiking, market shopping, and cities with more touristy shopping/entertainment, so you really can have it all. I might even have some stunting photos from the Sahara ;)
But if she's really set on French culture (or just coldness for that matter), I'd definitely recommend Montreal! But then again, I might be a little bias :D

Back