OT Incoming Hs Freshmen In Need Of Tips?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Feb 28, 2010
I saw this video on youtube and I thought it might be helpful as many girls on here are rising freshmen. Also, I know that I and probably other fiercers would be more than willing to help answer your questions about going into high school. I'm a rising senior so I definitely have quite a bit of experience in high school to share with all the freshies on here :)

I'm going to be a senior also! 2012 wohooo :)
but anyways, the only advice i have for the under classman is DO NOT CHANGE YOURSELF. if someone doesnt like you for whatever reason, WHO CARES. Don't change our morals or values just to be liked, it's not worth it.

I would say the best advice is, your going to make a lot of new friends, everyone changes. So don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and try a new sport/club, you might not keep the same friends that you had in middle school.
Class of 2012 :)

I'm going to be a senior also! 2012 wohooo :)
but anyways, the only advice i have for the under classman is DO NOT CHANGE YOURSELF. if someone doesnt like you for whatever reason, WHO CARES. Don't change our morals or values just to be liked, it's not worth it.
Seriously the best advice out there. I'm proud to say that I have stayed true to myself for the past 3 years instead of doing what 'everyone else thinks is cool' and it has paid off.
Also, DO NOT SLACK OFF YOUR FRESHMAN YEAR! It sets the tone for your entire HS career and it would suck to have to work to get your GPA up for 3 years after. If you start strong, it's a whole lot easier to end strong! :)

Take every opportunity that's given to you. Have fun. Colleges look as much at extra curriculars as they do at classes. So take that photography for an elective instead of AP Human Geography. Don't overbook yourself. Save time for fun.

Join clubs in school and activities that way you will make a ton of friends!!! Don't be shy and step out side you're usual group of friends and introduce them to your friends!! Class of 2012 ;)

Haha and I'm sure your parents talked to you when you went into middle school...

But mine did too and I didn't listen-

It only takes one time to get pregnant!! & you probably think it will never happen to you but it happened to me- I was 16 with a baby!! Yes I love my cp to death and wouldn't trade her for nothing but please be safe!!!!!!!!! & if y'all ever need anything or have questions just let me know!! I'm not much older then y'all and I'll be happy to help!!

Sorry I just had to be serious for a second!!

Just overall have fun. Do not waste your freshman year because it is so much fun! Go to all the football games and other social events. Also, don't worry about trying to keep friendships with your friends from middle school that went to a different school. It only brings you down and if it's meant to be, then so be it. Don't get caught up into drama and don't allow yourself to be molded so you can fit in somewhere. I saw way too many freshman this year become a certain way so they could fit in into a crowd that accepted them.

Don't go to all the "cool" parties. You'll be glad you didn't when Monday morning you're hearing stories about who got arrested, who might be pregnant, and who had to get their stomach pumped.

Seriously the best advice out there. I'm proud to say that I have stayed true to myself for the past 3 years instead of doing what 'everyone else thinks is cool' and it has paid off.
Also, DO NOT SLACK OFF YOUR FRESHMAN YEAR! It sets the tone for your entire HS career and it would suck to have to work to get your GPA up for 3 years after. If you start strong, it's a whole lot easier to end strong! :)
I listened to so many people tell me this and I really wished I actually did it. Not to say I got really awful grades or anything, but I was capable of SO much more freshman year. WORK HARD it is no where near the same as middle school.

Back