College Intermediate Cheer Squads

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 24, 2011
Which intermediate college cheer squads can you think of? (Squads who perform only high school level stunts)

Off the top of my heard, I can think of Michigan and Wake Forest.

DePaul University is competing coed intermediate D1 this year.

and U of North Carolina @ Charlotte, Georgia Southern and Kent State are also intermediate.
So is WVU club cheer

DePaul University is competing coed intermediate D1 this year.

and U of North Carolina @ Charlotte, Georgia Southern and Kent State are also intermediate.
So is WVU club cheer
Really Kent State? I follow them on Instagram and they have pictures of them doing 1-1-1s, 3-2-1s and back tuck baskets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really Kent State? I follow them on Instagram and they have pictures of them doing 1-1-1s, 3-2-1s and back tuck baskets.

i follow them on insta too but I was watching intermediate videos from last year and was surprised to see they competed in that division last year. Maybe they won't this year but they did last year for sure.

i follow them on insta too but I was watching intermediate videos from last year and was surprised to see they competed in that division last year. Maybe they won't this year but they did last year for sure.
Oh okay, I haven't seen any full routine videos from them, just what they put on Instagram! Maybe they do college level pyramids and stuff for games and then just compete intermediate?

Oh okay, I haven't seen any full routine videos from them, just what they put on Instagram! Maybe they do college level pyramids and stuff for games and then just compete intermediate?

yeah most likely. a lot of the teams that compete in intermediate do that, it's not really fair but eh... what are you gunna do :p

This might be a silly question but what skills make a team "intermediate" versus the other divisions?

there's restrictions. for example, you can't do running fulls, or any twisting tumbling, no double downs, no 2 1/2 pyramids, no inversions, no standing tucks. basically like high school level.

The only thing I question about this is no standing tucks...having no running fulls/twisting tumbling makes sense to me but I don't understand why no standing tucks

ETA: are legal high school inversions legal?

The only thing I question about this is no standing tucks...having no running fulls/twisting tumbling makes sense to me but I don't understand why no standing tucks

ETA: are legal high school inversions legal?

i don't get the no standing tucks either :p and yeah, legal high school inversions are legal, i just think that like in HS, they have to be assisted at all times.

yeah most likely. a lot of the teams that compete in intermediate do that, it's not really fair but eh... what are you gunna do :p

Well if a team doesnt have the tumbling level, they may have to do intermediate, that doesn't mean their stunt skills aren't good. You can teach new stunts in a few weeks, tumbling takes a bit longer.

University of North Carolina has an intermediate all-girl cheer squad we compete level four year round and at NCA take out elevator double downs (yet we are then allowed to do kick doubles and 2 1/2 high pyramid) running tumbling remains level four just no standing bhs tucks or standing tucks

Back