International Level 4.2?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I totally agree with you i by no means recommend it, but when cheerleading first started to grow in my country there was that lack of tumbling coaches and it showed if you had a backhandspring you were seen as a legend and with a lack of resources available the internet was a great tool for me to sit and look at video and study the technique used by some of the top gymnast and tumblers in the world and it also gave me the opportunity to contact some top coaches and ask them for advice and help. Now days cheerleading has really taken off in my country and the level and standards are being lifted every year. My all-girl level 5 team this year has girls who can tumble just as good as some of the girls on the top America teams and i am not just seeing it in level 5 we also have amazing tumblers on our junior level 2,3 and 4 teams as well as our other senior teams. I understand where people are coming from i have had to train in halls,on fields with little to no mats before and to try and teach anything let alone tumbling in places like that is hard, thankfully those times have changed here and most of the "big" name gyms in my country have their own gyms with full size floors and tumbling equipment which has made a huge difference in the skill level of our athletes. I do think that knowledge and understanding i got from coaches and video via the internet back when i first started cheer is one of the reasons i now work full time as a cheerleading/tumbling coach.

It's not that I think the internet is not a valuable source of advise, I have met lots of coaches and got help and ideas through it. I do however think that some coaches and cheerleaders believe that because they study something online it means they are qualified to teach it. I have done a bit of work with another club and found it scary when I realised that was how they where trying to teach their tumbling. All the basics where missing because they had watched advanced tumbling and without understanding the principles involved full they tried to teach themselves. I think the biggest thing that can be done to help drive the sport forward is to have proper coaching courses which deal with all aspects of of cheer. I know courses are available but sometimes they can be few and far between. I also know of courses that hardly touch on tumbling and coaches who think because they have watched a few movies or are qualified in gymnastics or dance it automatically means they are qualified to coach cheer.

d

don't try to hijack the thread...
start a new one if you need to because this one is about international 4.2

The USA is part of international...inter- means between or among; national - nations.
Or were you being sarcastic? :confused:

The USA is part of international...inter- means between or among; national - nations.
Or were you being sarcastic? :confused:
no... she was trying to just talk about the current NON- international division. This thread is about something completely different

international is usa too?

Yes but the international cheerleading section is for discussions regarding cheer outside of the USA since the allstar section is basically about allstar cheer in the USA (which is evident if you look at the other threads). You would probably get a better response if you asked this in the allstar section anyway because I don't think many Americans post in this section.

I don't think any in the UK or Ireland because I don't know any event producers that offer it.
Jamfest europe are offering 4.2

I come from a scottish level 4 allgirl team we debated competing 4.2 this year but chose to stay in 4. We have the stunts full out but we are more a 4.2 team. until last year we only had half the team tumbling at level 2 nevermind 4. But after a year of working our butts off we have 80% team tumbling at least level 3 , 5 standing tucks, 50% level 4 running tumbles. But this is through HARD WORK!!! I spent a summer in america coaching tumbling which has made me a far better coach, we brought over experts, the coaches attended training after training and its finally paid off! so if my little team from Glasgow can do it anyone can!

Yes but the international cheerleading section is for discussions regarding cheer outside of the USA since the allstar section is basically about allstar cheer in the USA (which is evident if you look at the other threads). You would probably get a better response if you asked this in the allstar section anyway because I don't think many Americans post in this section.
okay

I think if you add 4.2 or any other level lower than 5 at worlds you are defeating the object of WORLDS.. the best of the best !! You wouldn't let a gymnast enter a level 6 beam routine at the olympics would you ??

I get that the international community arn't at the same level as the americans, but they have been doing it decades longer we will get there in time, but unitl we do lets not try and drop the standard, lets keep it high and keep pushing ourselves!!

I think if you add 4.2 or any other level lower than 5 at worlds you are defeating the object of WORLDS.. the best of the best !! You wouldn't let a gymnast enter a level 6 beam routine at the olympics would you ??

I get that the international community arn't at the same level as the americans, but they have been doing it decades longer we will get there in time, but unitl we do lets not try and drop the standard, lets keep it high and keep pushing ourselves!!

I agree with you and that's why I think it although it is a good idea it should only be allowed at the ICU worlds as it gives the emerging countries a chance to compete against each other on a fair level.
However if you where to enter 4.2 at ICU you should then not be allowed to transfer over to USASF/IASF worlds as a lot of the international teams do.

I get that the international community aren't all at the same level as the americans, but they have been doing it decades longer , we will get there in time. Until we do lets not try and drop the standard, lets keep it high and keep pushing ourselves!!

Well then some nations would never ever get the chance to compete at worlds, which means the kids would lose out because of their nations lack of resources. Obviously the US teams are gonna be great...but I think now Team Ireland have entered Worlds and seen the level they should be at...they will come back bigger and better next year but they are not going to place top 10 in IASF even in the next 5 years.

Let's give the kids as many opportunities as possible. Level 4 is a high standard in many countries...so let them battle it out! We are not gymnastics and they have had many years to get many nations good at their sport. In order to give the international community a fighting chance...we need the option to compete at Level 4 or 4:2

Kkinsley well if the ICU offered 4:2 and then the IASF did...I see no problem? Now if the ICU offered 4:2 and the IASF kept the standard at Level 5/6 - Then crossovers shouldn't be permitted.

There does need to be a compromise somewhere...because every country is different. If you really want to go into detail...then you could go on about participants per country - US is obviously going to have more talented people than Ireland...They have more people to choose from. Geographical Genetics play a big part as well...some countries have athletes with the natural ability to jump higher/tumbler faster/perform better. Then in the some countries this could be a rarity...(Referring to fast twitch muscle fibres.)

So 4:2 works for me. Worlds is Worlds....means participation from all countries...not just one.

Well then some nations would never ever get the chance to compete at worlds, which means the kids would lose out because of their nations lack of resources. Obviously the US teams are gonna be great...but I think now Team Ireland have entered Worlds and seen the level they should be at...they will come back bigger and better next year but they are not going to place top 10 in IASF even in the next 5 years.

Let's give the kids as many opportunities as possible. Level 4 is a high standard in many countries...so let them battle it out! We are not gymnastics and they have had many years to get many nations good at their sport. In order to give the international community a fighting chance...we need the option to compete at Level 4 or 4:2

Kkinsley well if the ICU offered 4:2 and then the IASF did...I see no problem? Now if the ICU offered 4:2 and the IASF kept the standard at Level 5/6 - Then crossovers shouldn't be permitted.

There does need to be a compromise somewhere...because every country is different. If you really want to go into detail...then you could go on about participants per country - US is obviously going to have more talented people than Ireland...They have more people to choose from. Geographical Genetics play a big part as well...some countries have athletes with the natural ability to jump higher/tumbler faster/perform better. Then in the some countries this could be a rarity...(Referring to fast twitch muscle fibres.)

So 4:2 works for me. Worlds is Worlds....means participation from all countries...not just one.

You make a really good point but I would hate sitting at wolds and having to watch international teams attempt 4.2 !!

It would open the flood gates for more international teams to enter (which is a good thing ) but would risk dropping the standards of the competetion (BAD THING) , your right worlds should be WORLDS and included all countries but we also have to set standards, so teams have something to aim for and if they get to worlds be proud that they are at worlds competeting in the best competetion at the HIGHEST level !!

I think the only thing that america has over the other cheer teams is tumbling so how about a 5.3 level then we are seeing ariel tumbling skills and the level 5 stunt sequences ??

Back