All-Star International Teams In/near Lexington, Ky?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 9, 2011
I went to the wiki to see if there were any all star gyms with international/open teams in Lexington, KY but wasn't very successful. Does anyone know of any all star gyms in that area that have international teams? Or is Kentucky Elite the only all star gym in Lexington (and I don't think they have an international team)? I'm trying to find somewhere to cheer if I end up going to University of KY. I know Gymtyme obviously has international teams but I'm not sure if I could do the hour and a half drive as a freshman/sophomore. If anyone has any information that would be great. Thanks!

There are several Gymtyme athletes who live in Lexington so I am sure finding a ride would not be that bad. Freshman are also allowed to have cars on campus so you would be able to have your own car to drive if needed.
I know that Kentucky Elite has had an IOC5 team in the past, but I am not sure if they will have the team again since it seems to differ from year to year.

There are several Gymtyme athletes who live in Lexington so I am sure finding a ride would not be that bad. Freshman are also allowed to have cars on campus so you would be able to have your own car to drive if needed.
I know that Kentucky Elite has had an IOC5 team in the past, but I am not sure if they will have the team again since it seems to differ from year to year.

Thank you, I wasn't sure about ride situations but that would work. I think I would probably train there for the first year, well go to tumbling classes and do privates, then maybe try out when I am a sophomore.

Sorry, I like writing down my thoughts and then determining if it could actually work out haha.

There are a couple other gyms in the area as well, including Legacy Cheer (in Lexington) and United Talent (Georgetown - 20 min away). I think both (or at least one) could have potential to field a IO5 team this upcoming year. UT has a really good SR5 team and Legacy has several L5 athletes on coaching staff this year that have expressed interest in such a team. I would check with both of these places during or right after tryouts to get an idea of what's to come for 2012-2013.

UK is a great school! Been there done that and had a blast!

There are a couple other gyms in the area as well, including Legacy Cheer (in Lexington) and United Talent (Georgetown - 20 min away). I think both (or at least one) could have potential to field a IO5 team this upcoming year. UT has a really good SR5 team and Legacy has several L5 athletes on coaching staff this year that have expressed interest in such a team. I would check with both of these places during or right after tryouts to get an idea of what's to come for 2012-2013.

Thank you for the info, those teams weren't on the wiki!
Basically, I'm not really a level 5 athlete at the moment, when it comes to tumbling. Those places are closer to UK so I could at least train for a year (depending on how my privates go here in NY) if I do go to UK.

I think Legacy and United Talent just merged. I had something in my Facebook feed that implied that, but I haven't talked to anyone is Lexington since I saw it.

I think Legacy and United Talent just merged. I had something in my Facebook feed that implied that, but I haven't talked to anyone is Lexington since I saw it.

I saw that too...I will be at Legacy tonight for CP's practice so I will try to get the scoop.

Back