All-Star Is It Possible to Not Make a Team AT ALL??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 9, 2023
Hello!! So I'm going to college soon, and I live in Florida, home of two of the biggest Top Gun gyms of all time. So IF I don't get into my dream college, I plan on going to UCF (near the Orlando TG gym) or FIU (near Miami TG gym). Is it possible to not make any team AT ALL? I want to try out for shits and giggles, if I make it, awesome, if I don't oh well, but it was something I was just wondering.

If you’re going to college soon, I’m assuming you’re 18 or about to be 18 shortly. That means you need open teams, which yes, tend to be those huge impressive level 6 and 7 TG Worlds teams. It is obviously extremely dependent on your skills, but as I’m sure you know, these teams are competitive during tryouts. Because of age, your options are more limited than a teen’s are, so yes, it is unfortunately a possibility you may not be accepted on any team.

I wish you lots of luck though! If you make it, that’s be awesome, but if you don’t, then that’s a good thing too. I made a Worlds team in college and it was my whole life, and then I was replaced by a taller backspot. Crushing, but it allowed me to focus on making connections at school and trying other things I wouldn’t have bothered with otherwise. College is already such a big transition, you’ll be okay either way.

If you’re going to college soon, I’m assuming you’re 18 or about to be 18 shortly. That means you need open teams, which yes, tend to be those huge impressive level 6 and 7 TG Worlds teams. It is obviously extremely dependent on your skills, but as I’m sure you know, these teams are competitive during tryouts. Because of age, your options are more limited than a teen’s are, so yes, it is unfortunately a possibility you may not be accepted on any team.

I wish you lots of luck though! If you make it, that’s be awesome, but if you don’t, then that’s a good thing too. I made a Worlds team in college and it was my whole life, and then I was replaced by a taller backspot. Crushing, but it allowed me to focus on making connections at school and trying other things I wouldn’t have bothered with otherwise. College is already such a big transition, you’ll be okay either way.
Due to age eligibility, I think by the time I turn 18, I won't be eligible for an open team until the NEXT NEXT cheer season.

It could definitely happen because there are fewer team options for your age range and these are already super competitive programs with a lot of interest. It’s definitely worth trying though.

Back