All-Star is it possible to do both kinds of cheer?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

A

Anonymous

im going into highschool very soon and definitely want to try highschool cheerleading! the problem is i’ve been doing allstar for a several years now (took a break this season for mental health reasons) and i don’t think i want to quit. is it possible to do both? would the time commitment be too much? if anybody has thoughts, let me know

First, I would highly suggest you contact your high school's cheer coach and see if cheerleaders are allowed to do both or how they feel about cheerleaders doing both. Same with your all-star program. Plenty of cheerleaders do both! My high school wasn't very flexible, but both all-star gyms I went to were flexible with school cheerleaders, so I think it worked out for girls who choose to do both (for example, letting them be excused from all-star practice if they had to cheer a game). Time management is up to you. I know girls who did both plus pre-AP/AP classes, and I know girls who gave up one because it was too much with school. If you really think you can keep your grades up, I say go for it. If you're unsure, it's not a bad idea to just do school cheer for one year and then decide next year if you think you can handle both.

First, I would highly suggest you contact your high school's cheer coach and see if cheerleaders are allowed to do both or how they feel about cheerleaders doing both. Same with your all-star program. Plenty of cheerleaders do both! My high school wasn't very flexible, but both all-star gyms I went to were flexible with school cheerleaders, so I think it worked out for girls who choose to do both (for example, letting them be excused from all-star practice if they had to cheer a game). Time management is up to you. I know girls who did both plus pre-AP/AP classes, and I know girls who gave up one because it was too much with school. If you really think you can keep your grades up, I say go for it. If you're unsure, it's not a bad idea to just do school cheer for one year and then decide next year if you think you can handle both.
thank you for responding! i know my all-star gym is flexible with school cheerleaders, not sure about the highschool though. ill make sure to contact them when i can

im going into highschool very soon and definitely want to try highschool cheerleading! the problem is i’ve been doing allstar for a several years now (took a break this season for mental health reasons) and i don’t think i want to quit. is it possible to do both? would the time commitment be too much? if anybody has thoughts, let me know
Depends on the 2 gyms, some are willing to work with the other. Some HS don’t want u doing AS…..have to look at schedules of both. Daughter coach HS and did AS and competition dates could be tricky at times.

As the previous posters have stated, it's going to depend on your coaches and you. My CP was able to do both all 4 years. Her freshman year she just did JV football/basketball and AS. Sophomore year she did V football, V comp and AS. Junior and senior year were just V football and AS. For her, she was able to juggle the two. She also held a job, had AP/Honor classes and duel enrollment her Sr. year. So it can be done. You just have to know yourself and if you can balance it all.

Back