Is It Possible To Move Up Two Levels For Next Season?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 19, 2012
I'm on a level two team and i almost have my bhs, im continuing to take privates and this summer im going to Woodward for a month, do you think its possible to get a tuck and a layout? Or is a tuck also pretty far fetched?

If you keep trying, I think a tuck is possible. I got my Back Handspring in April and I have my running tuck now. I had my standing, but I lost it after I hurt my ankle. You could get a layout too.

I went from barely having a handspring to working a layout in about 4 months when I switched to a bigger name gym and had mandatory tumbling and took privates twice a week. So, yes, it's possible. You just have to work really hard and be able to take corrections and such easily.

Dedication is key. work hard and you'll have it in no time. once you have a tuck a layout isn't all that hard, although your layout has to be PERFECT before you start working fulls.

Don't forget to stretch and work your jumps - while tumbling is important you need to be a well rounded cheerleader. Just MO

I got my backhandspring (standing and running on the same day) in January of the year I was 15. I tried out in April with a round off double backhandspring and was throwing running tucks by myself by June. Two weeks before I went to Woodward I lost it and got it back while I was there! I got my standing tuck in October of that year. So it's definitely possible!! You just have to be super dedicated and want it more than anything.

#milliondollarlayout

It will take lots of dedication and probably some private lessons. I do know some kids that are just naturally athletic and have gotten skills fast without privates but they are not the norm. My oldest dd had a friend that went from bhs to layout in a year but her mom was paying for 3 private lessons a week (and that was just to get on a middle school team in Arizona)

Tumbling wise it seems doable. But to actually go from competing level 2 to level 4 is quite a jump all around.

I don't tumble at all, (previous and current injuries have made my mind block absolutely terrifying.) and I got asked join the l4 team last season just based on my ability to do the other things (I was already on S2). Now, this season the l4 Sr team is full, so no need for me, but I am on Sr 2 & Sr 3. So as stated above, if you work hard not only at your tumbling, but at the other aspects, you could have a great shot.

Don't forget that there are other big differences besides tumbling. The stunting jump from 2-4 is huge as are the jumps. The dance is usually much faster with more transitions, too.
It's possible to make the tumbling jump from 2-4 that quickly, but not probable so keep trying but don't feel bad if you can't get it. Try not to let the pressure get to you or you might find yourself blocking. Good luck.

Did anyone get stress fractures when taking tumbling several times a week? I'm wondering if it's normal or if I just have weak bones.

Back