All-Star Is Your Routine Too Long For Worlds?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

now that ive analyzed my itunes, ive noticed that no ones music is "2:30"
for the record, stars and senior elite both have 2:32, and all the new WORLDS mixes that came out are 2 or 3 seconds over.

is your routine too long, can you end it with a gong. can you tie it up with a v.o, tie it up with Celine Dion. should you carry it over like the limit, risk dedication UGH just leave it. is your routine. too. looooong

sometimes when I go to High School competitions, i wish there was a gong !!

I really would hate for a team to loose or possibly not make it to finals because of something as simple as a routine that runs over. pleasee make sure its not to long! cause if it is, your going to hear to many people saying team a only won cause team b's routine was one second over, or something along those lines.

http://fierceboard.com/threads/free-voiceovers-from-slapfire.15217/

Here's a story... Worlds 2009 Cheer Athletics Wildcats. I have been doing music since 1997. I have never had a deduction my entire career until Day 1 at Worlds 2009 with Cheer Athletics. Keep in mind, the first time I had ever worked with them and I get a Time Limit Deduction. Luckily I had my studio set up, but I didn't have access to it, until 1 am. I went into the studio at 1am, cut the ending off and got it back the All Star Resort by 3am. Crazy... Luckily they were so far ahead that They Won anyways and they are gonna kill it again this year!!! Go Rooster! http://fierceboard.com/threads/free-voiceovers-from-slapfire.15217/

I found that both my teams timing was VERY liberal and short. I got an average of 2:27 on routine length when both routines were around 2:29.

So the grace period is there, it is just not written.

Funny you should mention this, me and my team were talking about a incident we remebered at a very well known Scottish National a couple of years ago that announced in the January new guidelines that routines should be 2.15 for pom/jazz/traditional for Nationals in April but in his email to coachs noted a grace period of a year for this rule to come into effect e.g. it you already had music done they would not infract you.
Knowing what this event producer is like however, my coach opted for the safe 2.15 as did most considering the event producer has gone back on his word before trying to please everbody. Safe to say after a coach questionned why team x had extra time etc poor team x's coach had to perfectly time hitting the stop button on the stereo system and all her teams in all styles mini through senior had to basically just hit an ending pose the minute it stopped after being roughly told where the music would cut! I'm pretty sure they weren't infracted for time but obviously the overall impression of a team wouldnt score as high particularly in dance if there isnt a build up to a finish.

After this i would always, always, always make sure your under guidelines ...you never know what might change!

I wish i had read this thread earlier! my team (south elite) music was 1 second over and we got deducted for it and we ended up 0.07 from finals!!!!!!!! i wish we would have known sooner!

well anyone notice this weekend, that many teams did end up stopping their music at exactly 2:30, but they hit there last pose a bit after and said "CALI!" or "TRIBE!" or "GYMTYME!" (these weren't actual teams, they just popped up in my head lol) but i noticed teams cut there music off at 2:30 and it sounded awkward to the point where it sounded cut off and hit their last poses after it cut

well anyone notice this weekend, that many teams did end up stopping their music at exactly 2:30, but they hit there last pose a bit after and said "CALI!" or "TRIBE!" or "GYMTYME!" (these weren't actual teams, they just popped up in my head lol) but i noticed teams cut there music off at 2:30 and it sounded awkward to the point where it sounded cut off and hit their last poses after it cut

haha yes! i actually started laughing about some of it, because i understood what they were doing, but doesnt it still count if you havent hit your last motion? so really, theres no point in cutting off the music if you are STILL going to do some ending pose afterwards

Everytime I listen to Cali's Elite worls music, I laugh. It doesn't even finish saying cali. lol.

Back