All-Star Isaf Worlds Divisions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

FOR ALL THE PEOPLE WHO ARE PROBABLY GOING TO READ AND GET REALLY CONFUSED.

5R is now 5. (and 5 is not a Worlds level anymore to my knowledge)

5 is new 6.

6 is new 7.

and 7 ate 9.

So not sure if I am overly confused by this, but right now you can crossover from 1 Worlds team to 1 level below...Worlds team to a level 4 Summit team. Will this rule change? Will athletes still be able to crossover from Level 6 Worlds team to Level 4 or will it only be allowed from Level 6 to Level 5 (new restricted 5)?

Do other countries really need to have both a "new Level 5" and a "new Level 6" division at Worlds? Is there really much of a difference between those levels for foreign teams? It feels like overkill.

Do we really need 4 non-tumbling International divisions? I understand it for countries just starting out in cheerleading, but this certainly isn't helping encourage them to incorporate tumbling into their training and fully embrace our sport. Why even bother trying tumbling when you can be a World Champion without learning more than a cartwheel. :rolleyes: The teams in this division are fine and watchable, but it shouldn't be at Worlds.

I miss when Worlds finished on a Sunday and the Milkhouse was packed to the gills for Finals. It was a fire hazard at times, but it was an intimate setting and very exciting. And the Worlds Finalists felt like superstars with all eyes on them. A World Championships should finish on a weekend, not on a Monday night in a relatively empty arena.

The creation of all these international divisions has meant that Worlds doesn't revolve around the "regular divisions" as much. I know this is technically an international event, but the regular divisions are why All Star cheer even exists in the US (and other countries are of course able to enter these divisions as well). Without them, there would be no sport in the US, and therefore no Worlds in Florida every year. This trend of catering to the adult open teams and creating a million divisions for them that we don't need, at least here in the US, isn't a good one. I used to know who was competing in the International/Open divisions, but now it's out of hand. I followed Worlds, but I have no idea who won some of the Intl divisions.

This is what happens when you don't have an independent governing body and your sport is run by an apparel company.

Last edited:
Do we really need 4 non-tumbling International divisions? I understand it for countries just starting out in cheerleading, but this certainly isn't helping encourage them to incorporate tumbling into their training and fully embrace our sport. Why even bother trying tumbling when you can be a World Champion without learning more than a cartwheel. :rolleyes: The teams in this division are fine and watchable, but it shouldn't be at Worlds.

The creation of all these international divisions has meant that Worlds doesn't revolve around the "regular divisions" as much. I know this is technically an international event, but the regular divisions are why All Star cheer even exists in the US (and other countries are of course able to enter these divisions as well).

Yes, we really need both level 6 and 7 non-tumbling. Most US kids wouldn't even dream of tumbling on dead mats, so to expect the rest of the world to keep up with your tumbling which is mostly on spring floor is ridiculous. Not to mention how many people start cheer late (age 15 and up) and have a much harder time gaining tumbling skills. And there's a big difference in level 6 and 7 stunting, and we already had a big debacle about a level 7 team competing level 6 nt, so clearly level 7 nt is needed. (most counties doesn't even have nt as a division at home, so don't worry about them not trying to gain tumbling..)

And no, most international teams are NOT able to enter the "regular" divisions, as US is one of very few countries where senior divisions has an age cap. This means most international senior teams have kids over the age of 18, and just making up a team with kids under 18 with worlds level skills is near impossible. If you only want the US, then go to US finals, or any other national invitation comp, not the world championship. The regular divisions aren't why cheer exists, an age cap doesn't define cheerleading.

This post just sounds so entitled and ignorant.

Skickat från min EML-L29 via Tapatalk

I can't imagine how nuts it's going to be that weekend. It's already crazy having all those teams there (and it's technically 2 levels, not counting specific all girl/coed and then the team sizes on top of that) so adding a third along with that.....ESPN and the parks is going to be especially crazy.

It wasn't bad this year. Not really many more teams, just fewer teams in more divisions. And they did away with the Trials for Intl teams, so that cut down on several teams having to go 3 times this year, opening up space in the venues.

Besides, we can always just go back to the amazing tents of 2015-2017...

I'm wondering if three venues will be enough to accomodate Worlds effectively. Is there any chance that they will use/build one or two more venues?

I don't think there is any more room.

Don't forget that DANCE Worlds are same weekend.

I would assume that all available venues are in use?

I'm wondering if three venues will be enough to accomodate Worlds effectively. Is there any chance that they will use/build one or two more venues?
Okay, just to clarify, more divisions does not equal more teams at Worlds.

Again, it depends on how many bids are awarded. As @BlueCat already mentioned, we'll see more medal winners, not more teams at Worlds itself. Think of it as the same number of teams but more spread out, so making finals should be relatively much easier.

Of course, more divisions does equal more finals, so additional final sessions will lead to a longer competition time, but I doubt it would be THAT much longer. Worlds ended early on Day 3 this year, so they have room to play with.

I felt even with the added divisions worlds was less crowded this year than in the past. Divisions get added, but it's not more people - in fact the average team size is smaller than it was even just a few years ago. There is no way adding divisions generates more profit if you have the same or less total number of athletes. It's bad business but really is that any surprise? There are more than double the number of divisions this year than there was four years ago and there will be close to triple that next year - that's idiotic and there is no way you can justify that it is positive for the industry.

I felt even with the added divisions worlds was less crowded this year than in the past. Divisions get added, but it's not more people - in fact the average team size is smaller than it was even just a few years ago. There is no way adding divisions generates more profit if you have the same or less total number of athletes. It's bad business but really is that any surprise? There are more than double the number of divisions this year than there was four years ago and there will be close to triple that next year - that's idiotic and there is no way you can justify that it is positive for the industry.

It is an interesting economics issue. The continuous adding of divisions probably attracts a few new teams (to a point), but takes a small bit of the "shine" away from each title. (I am also not convinced that "more teams" really means more athletes. I'm not sure that we aren't just taking the same sized pie and just slicing it into more pieces.). Average team size is also in serious decline, which increases cost per athlete for both events and gyms. At what point does adding titles and divisions become counter-productive?

Also IASF and USASF are somewhat forced to try to attract customers from each other by countering each others new divisions. My assumption is that they split revenues based on athlete in "their" divisions. Worlds entry fees have to be the primary source of their salaries and revenue, so they have no incentive to make Worlds exclusive.

I don't know where the balance is, TBH. 2 divisions was clearly too few. 26 seems like far too many. I just hate to see Worlds go the same route as our "nationals" where literally thousands of teams can call themselves "National Champions" at the end of each season. I always thought it was OK to have a single event every year that was immune to that particular craziness.

I know it will never happen, but with the number of divisions in the iasf and usasf being almost the same, it's the perfect opportunity to split iasf and usasf into separate events. And allow iasf to move to a different venue on a rotating basis to alleviate travel issues for other countries (even if it's 4 different venues...we have Disney Tokyo, Paris and Cali that they could utilize if those parks have a venue to compete at and still keep some commonalities and continuation). It also doesn't even necessarily have to be the same weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it will never happen, but with the number of divisions in the iasf and usasf being almost the same, it's the perfect opportunity to split iasf and usasf into separate events. And allow iasf to move to a different venue on a rotating basis to alleviate travel issues for other countries (even if it's 4 different venues...we have Disney Tokyo, Paris and Cali that they could utilize if those parks have a venue to compete at and still keep some commonalities and continuation). It also doesn't even necessarily have to be the same weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USASF and IASF are deeply entangled in the contract with Varsity and Disney and there are tens of millions of dollars (maybe more) changing hands there. The new arena was supposedly built on the back of cheer money and promises of lots of future cheer money. (I still firmly believe whoever was involved in the design of that building should all lose their jobs.)

Suggesting it should move gets you looks of absolute incredulity from anyone at USASF or Varsity. While I would love to see it rotate, I don't see that ever changing. (When we were first sold the idea of USASF in 2004, we were promised Disney was temporary and it absolutely was going to rotate every year.)

Last edited:
USASF and IASF are deeply entangled in the contract with Varsity and Disney. While I would love to see it rotate, I don't see that ever changing. (When we were first sold the idea of USASF in 2004, we were promised Disney was temporary and it absolutely was going to rotate every year.)

Oh I know. I just think this timing (with it literally being big enough to be it's own event with the number of divisions) would be great. IASF wouldn't (theoretically) need the support of USASF teams to create a weekend long event, when it could host one in and of itself. Realistically, it still needs the revenue of USASF team supporters, because with the creation of USASF Open teams, there isn't near the level of people that would come to spectate IASF teams that do USASF. But, like you said, I would wager that it won't happen in my cheer-lifetime.

So not sure if I am overly confused by this, but right now you can crossover from 1 Worlds team to 1 level below...Worlds team to a level 4 Summit team. Will this rule change? Will athletes still be able to crossover from Level 6 Worlds team to Level 4 or will it only be allowed from Level 6 to Level 5 (new restricted 5)?
i wish they would put Worlds rule, crossovers from World to Summit and jumping levels, all year round.

Back