All-Star Jamfest Super Nationals 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well, we don't go to summit...so NCA is usually the big comp for us. However, this year will be interesting with Twinkles being large and Cheersport Cheekies and Maryland Twisters Y5 being small. Will they combine us?? That's the big question.
So few Y5 teams, it does frustrate (me) and I can't wait for CP to graduate out of this division for totally selfish reasons. It's a really cool experience for the kids, but what you said about the expense and travel is spot on.
This is one of the few times that I advocate crossing over to another team. There are so few teams in Y5 but I would hate to see the division eliminated, which was my concern with yhe new junior R5 division. Crossing to a level 4 team would be ideal for many Y5 athletes if the additional expense was minimal.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Stingrays Teal isn't a team this year. CEA isn't going to NCA per CSP - but they are large. ECE Y5 was large last I checked, but they don't go to NCA.
Its a rough comp season.

Oh man. You really don't have any competition!

Question: Do the kids get as frustrated as the parents about not having competition? I know anytime my kids compete (high school) they get bummed out if there aren't many teams against them. We went to a comp last year at which other teams did not show due to weather. The kids were really disappointed!

Oh man. You really don't have any competition!

Question: Do the kids get as frustrated as the parents about not having competition? I know anytime my kids compete (high school) they get bummed out if there aren't many teams against them. We went to a comp last year at which other teams did not show due to weather. The kids were really disappointed!
Hard to speak for the other kids, but up until this year my CP was happy to just show up and be out there doing her thing. Now that she's a little more cheer savvy, at the ripe old age of 11, the discussion has been had about how it's not as big of a deal to travel to a destination comp and automatically win a jacket.
I think the parents get more frustrated.
The younger kids/first year kids could care less. They are twinkles, it's fun!!

This is one of the few times that I advocate crossing over to another team. There are so few teams in Y5 but I would hate to see the division eliminated, which was my concern with yhe new junior R5 division. Crossing to a level 4 team would be ideal for many Y5 athletes if the additional expense was minimal.

Totally derailing this thread! WC is not a big crossover gym. I can only think of a handful of kids that cross in the entire gym. We currently have 2 on my CPs team, but we started out with none, injuries on other teams happened.
They really try hard to keep the kids age/level appropriate.
So, that leaves my CP in what I lovingly refer to as 'Twinkle purgatory' till she ages out.
Not the worst place to be.

How many Y5 teams are there?
WC twinkles (L)
Cheersport cheekies (S)
MDT super 5 (S)
ECE y5 (L)
CEA youth elite (L)
Is that all?
I honestly have no idea how much longer y5 will be around. Maybe they will just combine with j5 next year?

Droplet dreamed for years about getting onto a Y5 and is over the moon to be on YE. She's not terribly concerned about being alone in the division but is way more excited to have Super5 to compete with in a few weeks than she was about going to WSF uncontested.

Hate that we don't go to JSN since it's our old stomping grounds and NCA because it's just an awesome comp, but I get it. Especially JSN since with no summit bids, there is no point in going for us. We send some teams to majors I believe but otherwise compete locally that same weekend for summit and worlds bids. It looks like we won't see Twinks until UCA (?) but will maybe see ECE at Cheersport. Not sure about white cheeks. I hope everyone is able to get a summit bid!

Droplet dreamed for years about getting onto a Y5 and is over the moon to be on YE. She's not terribly concerned about being alone in the division but is way more excited to have Super5 to compete with in a few weeks than she was about going to WSF uncontested.

Hate that we don't go to JSN since it's our old stomping grounds and NCA because it's just an awesome comp, but I get it. Especially JSN since with no summit bids, there is no point in going for us. We send some teams to majors I believe but otherwise compete locally that same weekend for summit and worlds bids. It looks like we won't see Twinks until UCA (?) but will maybe see ECE at Cheersport. Not sure about white cheeks. I hope everyone is able to get a summit bid!
I believe white Cheeks are going to NCA, and that is their only US competition from what I remember.

My CP crosses from a Y5 (base) to a J4 (flyer). It's great so she has some competition on J4 at other comps but difficult because with crossover rules at NCA she is not able to compete with her J4 team. It is heartbreaking for her not being able to compete with her teammates and watching someone else in her spot!

Back