All-Star Jamfest Super Nationals 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I wonder if being bought by varsity/using the same scoresheet is causing JAM events to take a hit? I was never a big fan of their scoresheet, but without that to make them unique, why would you go to indy in the winter (unless you were from that area?)

I actually like to see comps take a hit when things about the event - be it Stay to Play, judging, athlete fees, entrance fees, etc. - just aren't working for those involved. Smart EPs will take a look at the reduced involvement, ask questions and make positive changes.
Yes to this!!! We had a competition in our area that went from one of my favorites to one I dreaded when Varsity bought it. The website was a joke, it was unorganized, judging was wonky, etc. Lots of gym owners complained, and put their money where their mouth was and did not attend. I went to this competition as a spectator last year since CP's bff was competing, and it seemed to be much improved. Word must have gotten around, as many of the gyms who took this EP off their schedule are returning this year. It shows that when gym owners are willing to take a stand, EPs will listen!!

Yes to this!!! We had a competition in our area that went from one of my favorites to one I dreaded when Varsity bought it. The website was a joke, it was unorganized, judging was wonky, etc. Lots of gym owners complained, and put their money where their mouth was and did not attend. I went to this competition as a spectator last year since CP's bff was competing, and it seemed to be much improved. Word must have gotten around, as many of the gyms who took this EP off their schedule are returning this year. It shows that when gym owners are willing to take a stand, EPs will listen!!
SpiritFest?

We were initially going to attend (Sm. Sr 4.2) but due to STP and crazy hotel costs my coach decided against it. I was upset at first but it was a really smart decision thinking back on it now. Sad because I was pretty excited to see WC there and Brandon but I may be able to drive down and watch.

Anyone want to count if they broke 525 all star teams and will be giving out 6P/12AL bids or stick to 5P/10AL?

I know a lot of people have said this competition shrunk, but it looks larger to me?? maybe attracting the gyms that competed Varsity-only in the past?
I agree. It doesn't look any smaller to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh. I hope the schedule changes a bit. CP only has 2 in her division, but the other similar divisions are packed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zero other teams in my CPs division. I get so frustrated traveling so far to have her team compete against no one.

I often wonder if that frustrates Y5 parents. You do a lot of travel for what turns out to be a really expensive exhibition/practice for NCA (which is one of the only times you see legit competition besides Summit, right?)

I often wonder if that frustrates Y5 parents. You do a lot of travel for what turns out to be a really expensive exhibition/practice for NCA (which is one of the only times you see legit competition besides Summit, right?)
Well, we don't go to summit...so NCA is usually the big comp for us. However, this year will be interesting with Twinkles being large and Cheersport Cheekies and Maryland Twisters Y5 being small. Will they combine us?? That's the big question.
So few Y5 teams, it does frustrate (me) and I can't wait for CP to graduate out of this division for totally selfish reasons. It's a really cool experience for the kids, but what you said about the expense and travel is spot on.

Well, we don't go to summit...so NCA is usually the big comp for us. However, this year will be interesting with Twinkles being large and Cheersport Cheekies and Maryland Twisters Y5 being small. Will they combine us?? That's the big question.
So few Y5 teams, it does frustrate (me) and I can't wait for CP to graduate out of this division for totally selfish reasons. It's a really cool experience for the kids, but what you said about the expense and travel is spot on.

I have not kept up with Y5 this season. Is anyone else large besides Twinkles? I thought Rays Teal and CEA's Youth Elite were large too.

I have not kept up with Y5 this season. Is anyone else large besides Twinkles? I thought Rays Teal and CEA's Youth Elite were large too.
Stingrays Teal isn't a team this year. CEA isn't going to NCA per CSP - but they are large. ECE Y5 was large last I checked, but they don't go to NCA.
Its a rough comp season.

Back