Jumps To Tuck?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 10, 2013
My jumps are just not good when I connect them with a tuck! They're almost below horizontal level.. And I don't know why. How can I help snapping my feet together and connecting them?

some teams at my gym were having that problem so they put rubber bands around their ankles when they practiced their jumps! ive never tried, because ive never really had that problemmm. but it looked like it helpeddd!

Personally, my jumps are much worse when I'm throwing a skill after because I start thinking about that skill and don't finish/do my jumps properly. Keep repping them out and focus on finishing your jump first before starting your next skill. Use a spotter if you need to until you clean them up and can do it better on your own. Don't forget to keep practicing each skill individually to keep good form in your muscle memory

I agree with WinstonsGirl , it's more of a mental block type thing! Get in the mind set of thinking about finishing the jump first then setting for the tuck! The higher the jump, the more power you have for the tuck and the higher the set! Hope this helps:)

I think I might be the only one but my jumps always feel better when I do jumps to tuck. I just feel like I can't tuck if my jumps are bad or I'll face plant or something.

Back