Kick Doubles

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Reviving this old thread in the hopes of help/insight...
She has been working on her kick full -- which needs to turn into a kick double...

she is Full kicking and kicking her leg out half way through her full instead of kick fulling... she says she knows what she is doing wrong but can't seem to change it..
Ideas??

I started working on kick doubles, and for some reason hitch kick doubles are so much easier! They force you to ride and fan the kick instead of you focusing all on the kick! Plus they help stop me from diving.

Reviving this old thread in the hopes of help/insight...
She has been working on her kick full -- which needs to turn into a kick double...

she is Full kicking and kicking her leg out half way through her full instead of kick fulling... she says she knows what she is doing wrong but can't seem to change it..
Ideas??

So she is twisting first, and then kicking her leg out? I can't even figure out how that would be possible without fighting hardcore against angular momentum, lol. That takes skillz.

Whenever more difficult skills have crazy breakdowns, I take it back to the basics. Do a beautiful straight ride. Really feel when you hit the top. (I'd normally work on straight twist baskets next, but it sounds like she has the twist down, and she just does that first, instead of kicking first, so in this situation, I'd probably work on the kick part, rather than the twist part.) Do a beautiful straight ride, kick at the top. Don't worry about the twist. Just get back to feeling when that kick is going to happen, at the top of the ride. Then add the kick full. It sounds like she's kind of freaking out in the air and forgetting the order of things, so reverting back to basics and doing it one step at a time until she rebuilds that muscle memory and confidence might help.

Back