All-Star Kony 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jason Russell, co-founder of Invisible Children, was taken into custody on Thursday by San Diego police. He was taken in for a medical evaluation due to the situation. You can look it up if you are interested, it's all over the San Diego news. I'm not going to post the details on here.

I had the privilege of going to the filming of an MTV Canada special on Kony 2012. There were a few special guests invited (2 who lead organizations that work in Uganda and other parts of Africa, one whose family fled from Uganda, the man who started the Visible Children Tumblr blog, a supporter of IC, and a few more) and it was basically discussion on the whole issue with the audience members. If possible (after Sunday) I urge you to find it online (and if you're from Canada, it's on at 6 pm on MTV), it was very interesting and eye opening. You may also get to see me make an booty of myself because I am the worst speaker in the world under pressure.

While I know that this movement has the best of intentions, I feel it does shed a very one-sided light on Uganda. All over my Facebook newsfeed people have been posting this video BEFORE THEY EVEN WATCH IT (how do I know, well lets just say I was with about 5 of these people when they reposted it). Sure it's great that they're sharing it, but if everyone does what they just did they aren't really doing anything and only skimming the surface of the issue. They don't do their research (not on the IC, but on Uganda and the LRA) and I feel that this is the big problem with this whole Kony 2012 thing. Some kids are too lazy to read into it and now they have a horrible view on a country that isn't 100% as bad as they think. All I can say is shame on them.

My issues with this video:
1. It acts like Joseph Kony is a random person in Africa who they've decided to target and does not acknowledge that Joseph Kony actually has done wrong in the world, but maybe that's just because they couldn't cleverly rap about it.
2. The ICC is not even recognized by many countries as a legitimate organization, and have almost as many proofs and allegations of corruption and wrongdoing as the Ugandan government themselves.

However I do like that at the end they said that it is good to see the power of the internet now, and how this movement has given hope for more things (with maybe more legitimate causes) to rise to the same fame.

Jason Russell, co-founder of Invisible Children, was taken into custody on Thursday by San Diego police. He was taken in for a medical evaluation due to the situation. You can look it up if you are interested, it's all over the San Diego news. I'm not going to post the details on here.
I read about it, and it's not to pretty. Chalking it up to exhaustion? mmm hmmm....

Maybe before the US gets involved in more situations with other countries, I think the country of Uganda should focus on fixing its own government problems and policies. For example, getting rid of the "Kill the Gays Law."
Yes, you read that correctly. You can actually be given the death penalty for being gay in Uganda.

Uganda has more problems than just Joseph Kony. The country needs help in several other areas, such as this one.
Let's hope that the promotion of Kony will unveil several other issues the country has as well..

Yep, the founder was arrested for, for lack of a better word and keeping this somewhat rated g, pleasuring himself in public, vandalizing cars, and maybe being under the influence of something.

My issue is that everyone who watches this video decides they are now an expert on the subject. It over simplifies the issues in Uganda and doesn't talk about any of the problems with their government. Also this is not nearly as big a problem over there as it used to be.

This is about Money, Power, and Natural resources and War is the best way to steal these things! Let's get ready to Rumble!!

I cant believe some of these ignorant people taking this to a whole new level. Isnt the point of this to save innocent children's lives?? and people wonder why the world is so messed up….

I cant believe some of these ignorant people taking this to a whole new level. Isnt the point of this to save innocent children's lives?? and people wonder why the world is so messed up….

You are SO right! Ignorance is NOT bliss. They use the pretext of Saving children to invade another country and keep them in a 3rd World conditions. But one thing that I've learned is the Faith in GOD that people have in those oppressed countries, is SO strong. They have nothing but their Faith and God. It's very humbling when you see and interview of an African village still smiling and enjoying the life that they have. We take for granted so many things. Just open your eyes... You can not Kill Evil with Evil. It's impossible.

Oil is the end game. There would be no other need to call into effect the use of military force from our tax dollars and our soldiers. People want the US to flex their world police muscles at the 'terrorists' around the world to gain things for us as a country... doesnt that make our govt and army a terror group. Yes it does. Just like how we went to Iraq and how how we are still in Afghanistan.. open your eyes people. Think for yourself, take in news and use your own ideas not a viral video that makes your views for you.

Oil is the end game. There would be no other need to call into effect the use of military force from our tax dollars and our soldiers. People want the US to flex their world police muscles at the 'terrorists' around the world to gain things for us as a country... doesnt that make our govt and army a terror group. Yes it does. Just like how we went to Iraq and how how we are still in Afghanistan.. open your eyes people. Think for yourself, take in news and use your own ideas not a viral video that makes your views for you.

Good points! If you really wanna make a difference in the world. You have to question the motives. And 99% of the time, it's all about money and power when it comes to governments. If you want to know more about how governments should act, check this out:

Back