Level 1 Pyramid

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 4, 2011
My youth level 1 team need and am working on finalizing their pyramid and am getting stuck on making one that is cute and difficult at the same time. The hard part is that I only have 10 kids. Please help if you can think of anything :)

Last year my minis only had 10 people. In order to have a more creative pyramid/ get more of the difficulty points we had the two side groups in thigh stands and the middle group went up and did a show and go kick at prep level then a lib at prep level then she went back to load the base group went their knees and then went up to extension. This was the only way that we could do the extension and have the side groups reach the middle flyers hands. It is still pretty simple but we got most of the points for the pyramid. I hope that made sense. Good luck I know how hard it can be with smaller numbers.

What age group? If they are old and strong enough, your two side groups can be two man hands (one as a backspot, the other holding the feet). This way the outsides are tall enough to reach an extended middle stunt.

It's a youth level 1 but a very little youth, the majority of the team is 7-8 yr olds and most are first years. We got prep libs to shoulder sits turn to middle grab shoulder sit and push to extension. They looked good and could all connect! Our middle flyer is 7 and only like 2 feet tall ;-) Thanks for the help!

Your two outside shoulder sits can go to thigh-stand high arabesques while your extension drops to half.
Then your center group can drop from a half to a v - sit while your outside shouldersits that are now arabesques pull in to a pretty girl (or w/e you call a lib facing) in with one hand behind the head and the other arm grabbing the v-sit.

It could look visual for a level 1!

japplewhite87
Add some levels and depth too. Start with one girl standing in the middle bracing 2 outside flyers doing knee libs (make sure their foot isn't all the way in the "pocket" bc it makes the next step harder if it is). Using your backspot and side bases, lift it up to belly level outside stags. After stags, have flyers hit a stretch (still at belly level) while the two side bases move to set up a shoulder sit in the middle (one squats under the legs of the middle bracer and the other grabs her waist). Then bring the whole thing up to prep level as the outside (bases and) flyers turn in to grab the shoulder sit bracer with both hands and hit an arabesque (they'll all be single based with a back spot so you'll have one extra base to be used where needed).

Thats three levels and 4 body positions--major points on some scoresheets.

To get your Extended stunt, keep your shoulder sit up and dismount the sides. Move girls around to get two tall shoulder sits or some shoulder stands and pop your middle girl up from shoulder sit to extension.

You can add some flair, like spinning the shoulder sit around while the others dismount and re-set or whatever cool thing you can come up with. I realize this is some difficult stuff but I love to see small teams work it out in a pyramid (bc so many do the saaamme old thing---here's our pyramid, it's lame but we have one).

Back