Level 1 Stunt

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So for level 1 pyramid , can my 2 man group a prep level (heel stretch) braced by shoulder sit, can that prep level stunt still cradle from that single leg?

Thank you

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Yes, a braced prep level 1 leg stunt is allowed to cradle.

So for level 1 pyramid , can my 2 man group a prep level (heel stretch) braced by shoulder sit, can that prep level stunt still cradle from that single leg?

Thank you

L1 Dismounts
G. No dismounts are allowed from stunts above prep level in pyramids.

I think your prep level heel stretch (braced) is still a prep level stunt so there is no infraction to this rule if you cradle from there.

*so sorry to keep bothering people about level 1 stunts. This is my first time trying to build a routine on my own, and I've read the rules dozens of times! Also, I didn't think this deserved it's own discussion so I'm just putting it here*
So, are "Swedish falls" (I'm sure there's another name for them) legal in level 1? I feel like they are, because it says
"Example: Suspended splits, flat-bodied positions and preps are examples of prep level stunts. Extended arm stunts that are not in the upright position (such as extended v-sits, extended flat backs, etc…) are considered prep level stunts."
But better safe than sorry. Also, I know it says no more than a 1/4 twist in transitions and mounts, but I've seen teams do half a log roll (from belly to back). Is that legal?

Swedish falls (with bases on the ground, not the college-level pyramid) are legal level 1. Make sure the flyer doesn't become inverted.

A "half log roll" isn't legal level 1 (and only legal at level 2 if the flyer is not released). You may have seen teams do prone to squish (legal if the flyer is not released and doesn't twist) or prone, 1/4 turn to squish (again, flyers can't be released.) I wouldn't do anything landing in a cradle at level 1 unless it is a straight ride from prep level, as the definition of a toss was expanded to be a bit more encompassing this past year (so cradles below prep level were considered tosses).

Back