All-Star Level 1 ?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

gymmomla

Cheer Parent
Jul 20, 2014
Hey everyone... Our gym is very new & the coach has been talking lately about starting a all stars team . He said he may have enough kids to have a level 1 team too . What skills are required for level one? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here are some skills you typically see on a level 1 team:
Front Walk Over
Back Walk Over
Round Off Back Walk Over
Front Walk Over Round Off Back Walk Over

Forward & backward rolls
Back extension rolls
Specialty passes with Cartwheels, Round offs, Front and Back Walkovers, maybe, back extension rolls

Uh oh we may be in trouble lol Noah hasn't even done a walkover .. He can do a forward & backward roll ..cartwheel . Working on roundoffs .. I've seen them working on those extension rolls . Lol Is there a level 0?

Uh oh we may be in trouble lol Noah hasn't even done a walkover .. He can do a forward & backward roll ..cartwheel . Working on roundoffs .. I've seen them working on those extension rolls . Lol Is there a level 0?

Level 1 is the lowest and is where most beginners start! Just because he doesn't have the highest level skills within the level doesn't mean he's not ready. :) In L1, concentration and hard work matter more than skills, especially for the younger kids.

They practice stunting all the Time he's pretty good at that

He should be fine. It is the starting level. Many Coaches work with the kids on mastering different level 1 skills over the Summer, before you start comp. season.

I hope that we get enough younger kids to make a level 1 team . Right now there is just Noah & 2 other little girls his age . We want them to be part of a team too [emoji5]️

a49bc7617acc7660fabc6c1c1ef60036.jpg

I hope that we get enough younger kids to make a level 1 team . Right now there is just Noah & 2 other little girls his age . We want them to be part of a team too [emoji5]️

Every age bracket has a LVL 1 category.
It looks like the team would be a Youth LVL 1 or a Junior LVL 1 just off size.

Youth is 11 & under

Also routines evolve as time goes on too.

In CP's last gym quite a few of the kids were brand new and didn't have solid enough front walk overs and back walk overs to put into the routine so there was a lot of cartwheel and roundoff combos instead.

Just saw a video of them after their last competition and the entire tumbling section has evolved times twenty with most doing a FWO, BWO, or combo now.

So even if they don't have their first competition doesn't mean the routine won't evolve and get more challenging as the season progresses.

Well this girls are like 13 or 14 I think .. He's 8 , and there are 2 more 8 year olds. Lol he's a lot smaller than he looks here in this pic

One of the girls is really advanced . She's really good , a lot of them are . I guess I just have to wait to find out What happens next [emoji16]

Back